Looking for Movies that push the limits.. Disturbing, Controversial...

Tools    

this is by far the worst movie I've seen of the decade even more bad than Devil's Due which was an abomination
That movie looks atrocious.. do you even call it a movie??

I have to return some videotapes.
I accidentally repped Derek because I thought this was teh "Movie You're Watching Tonight" thread woops.

I actually heard Spring Breakers has some amazing visuals/style.

I accidentally repped Derek because I thought this was teh "Movie You're Watching Tonight" thread woops.

I actually heard Spring Breakers has some amazing visuals/style.
All lies Cole.. believe me.. all lies.

That movie looks atrocious.. do you even call it a movie??
I personally call it a ''Sopoforic Disaster''

Killer Snakes from the Shaw Brothers.

If u want quality disturbing movies david lynch s movies are the ones u need to watch.
1_mulhulland drive
2_blue velvet
3_lost highway and others all quality out of the ordinary controversial and mystery movies
Paul verhoeven s dutch outing The Fourth Man is one other recommendation.
I agree with Lynch as a master of Dark Cinema.

The first movies that impacted me were Outbreak and The Pianist. All right, I recognize I was younger, but if I think of a movie now, it would be hobo with a shotgun. It is plain disgusting

Do you mean graphically disturbing or mentally?

My favorite disgusting film is probably Pink Flamingos. I don't think I will watch again but I thought it was well-made and quite interesting, where atrocity only serves a certain purpose instead of being the purpose of the film.

I like Spring Breakers as well but it's not disturbing, just violent and weird. I find it very unique and I love the style but the story is a bit dragging tbh. It's one of those 'style over substance' films and if you don't like the style, you will end up hating it.

My favorite mentally challenging film must be They Shoot Horses, Don't They. Very very grim.

Irreversible. The scene in the subway, very disturbing; impossible to watch.
Mondo Weirdo. The sex scene near the end.
The Bunny Game. Torture.
Men Behind The Sun. Torture. Allegedly, real cadavers used.
No Child of Mine. Child Abuse.

You guys are so weak sauce. Only Movie Gal came even close with her recs.
cannibal holoucost

Wasnt that special. but they killed a live animal in the movie which is messed up.

First off the name of the film is just "Cannibal"... its a direct to video movie. Its about a real life cannibal, Armin Meiwes. Most people cant handle watching the film.

Another film that most cant handle watching is called "Niku daruma". A woman is sexually abused while they "mutilate" her to a "tumbling doll of flesh".

And there are the three films by Fred Vogel, "August Underground", "August Underground: Mordum" and "August Underground: Penance".

All dealing with torture and mutilations.

You better have strong stomach for these films.
To these I would add:

Along with Entrails of a Virgin you'll find a bunch of similarly titled movies that I assume are equally disturbing, but haven't seen so can't vouch for.

And:

I haven't seen this, but it's been sitting on my to-watch list for years. I saw clips and it was so disturbing that my stomach churned in mere seconds.

Nothing else in this thread qualifies, but Martyrs does have some moments that are pretty intense. Although I did buy Twilight, but I haven't worked up the nerve to watch it. Just seeing the dvd case gives me nightmares.

I have to return some videotapes...
Honestly if you want disturbing films like Kids then just watch all of Harmony Korine's other work. Gummo is ****in wack.