Quote of the Day

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"I was the only Black person on the set. It was unusual for me to be in a circumstance in which every move I made was tantamount to representation of 18 million people."

"In my case, the body of work stands for itself... I think my work has been representative of me as a man."

"Jackie Robinson is a true legend. Mine was an easy ride compared to Jackie Robinson's."

- Sidney Poitier

Female Jungle Poster
"Don't count the days, make the days count."

~ Muhummad Ali

(I like this one. I'm tempted to print it out and put it on my fridge.)

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

A river does not beat its head against obstacles. It always goes around -- and it always gets to the sea. ~ Robert Brault

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

"I'm a very physical person. People don't credit me with much of a brain, so why should I disillusion them?"

- Sylvester Stallone
Wow...surprisingly insightful remarks from Sly, definitely more than I gave him credit for.

-Hattori Hanzo

Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.
- George S. Patton

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
This is what I like about this guy

"I don't believe in elitism. I don't think the audience is this dumb person lower than me. I am the audience.” Quentin Tarantino

"I have made many serious statements -- I just can't remember any of them. I guess they mustn't have been very important."

"I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth."

- Oliver Reed

"I started at the top and worked my way down from there."

-Orson Welles
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

"I believe that sex is the most beautiful, natural, and wholesome thing that money can buy."

"What is comedy? Comedy is the art of making people laugh without making them puke."

"All I've ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work."

- Steve Martin

"To be or..... DAMN!"

Robin Williams

Coming out of the US/Canada hockey game, a great quote from an American Blackhawks player:

I look at Canada as kind of like America's little sister," Burish said. "And so the Americans kind of messed with them a little bit, like, 'Hey Canada, we're going to take your hockey, this little toy away from you.'

"We took them to overtime, we scared our little sister enough, just so she knows now if we want to come and take hockey from you, we'll come and take it from you, if you're not careful. So we took them to overtime, scared them and gave them their toy back."
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nh...ory?id=4957130

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
"These kids only want to talk about acting method and motivation; in my day all we talked about was screwing and overtime." -- Robert Mitchum

"I've learned that we can do just about anything under the sun with computers. So the question becomes, should we? Or, should we remind ourselves, as filmmakers, to be careful and remember that there is nothing more important than how a story is told? If storytelling becomes a byproduct of the digital revolution, then the medium itself is corrupted. On the other hand, if digital tools are simply a way to enhance a conventional story, then in that case, they can make telling that story easier. It's easier and more practical to show 20,000 soldiers in the Crimean War using computers, obviously. So, that's fine. But now, we have technology that can replace actors, or an entire performance in an already existing movie. We could cut out Humphrey Bogart and replace him with Vin Diesel, if somebody wanted. Who would want to? Well, there might be people who would. That's why we have to be careful. Movies reflect our cultural heritage from the period in time in which they were made. Therefore, altering them can destroy that historical perspective. That's disrespectful of history, which is a big issue for me. The situation is like walking a tightrope - we have to move forward, but we have to be careful."

- Steven Spielberg