Sleezebag Boyfriends you LOVE to HATE

Tools    

HEY Y'ALL!
Im working on a script containing a sleezebag/abusive boyfriend of the protagonists mother. I was hoping to get some inspration from other films. Any ideas?
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

Radio Flyer comes to mind

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
this boy's life

boys on the side

--give me a few mins to think and i will be back with more suggestions! but if u want real life, i got some good stories about my ex!!

Originally Posted by The Spirit
HEY Y'ALL!
Im working on a script containing a sleezebag/abusive boyfriend of the protagonists mother. I was hoping to get some inspration from other films. Any ideas?
I have tons of ideas... none from films.

hahaha well i mean that can help to, if youre willing to disclose some. I just want to accurately portray an abusive boyfriend talking to the young son of his girlfriend. and him talking to her as well. I don't want a caricature.

i don't know about abusive boyfriends...but my mom's ex hit on a 17 year old girl that he hired to work for him

Why is the boyfriend abusive?
What happened in his past that makes him abusive?
Did he have abusive parents?
Does he have a mental illness? If so, what kind?
Does anyone else in his family have a mental illness?
Was he abused as a child? By whom?