Top Drug Movies

Tools    

Im new so dont kill me if this has allready been posted on but...

At the end of this summer ill be becoming an NYU film student and last week i was on the phone with my dorm mate..clearing stuff up and we got onto the topic of Drug related movies...

My favorite move of all time (trainspotting) obviously is a Drug movie as well as a few others of my top picks..but this discussion just totally reamped my lust for drug movies. Anyone else fascinated by them or have a favorite?

some of mine...
1. Trainspotting
2. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
3. Requeum for a Dream
4. Permenent Midnight
...just a few

(please no one say traffic haha)

another few great one's are "Spun" and "Circuit" ..

Blow, Basketball Diaries, The Doors...I know pretty mainstream. Have you checked out Wikipedia, it's scary how many movies I loved had drugs in them.

eck....

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I usually don't think of Joe (1970) as a drug movie because it's about so many other things, but I think it deserves some recognition.

&feature=related

The business- just because it shows a fairly realistic veiw of what its like when greed takes over with money and drugs, also its a good british movie.

Trainspotting- just a personal favorite, but im sure most of you will agree its a pretty good drug orientated movie.

Human Traffic- also another personal favorite, just because of its light hearted-ness and funny moments , some of you may say it dosent qualify for a drug movie but i included it because the basis of the whole film is the uk rave/Ecstacy scene in the 90's.

Goodfellas- I realy liked this film when i first saw it, i like movies of this style about old time american/italian gangsters/mobsters, and Goodfellas is one of my favorite.

Blow, Marķa Full of Grace, Traffic, Requien for a Dream, Trainspotting, American Gangster

Alright so here's my list

1. Spun
2. SLC PUNK!
3. Another Day in Paradise
4. Kids
5. Pineapple Express (instant classic imo)
6. Blow
7. Trainspotting
8. The Salton Sea
9. A Scanner Darkly
10. Requiem For A Dream