Help with acting application essay

Tools    

I need to write app essays for a program at Northwestern the prompt is

Acting Applicants – Write 2 one-page essays discussing: 1-a film that in your opinion was 1.enhanced by the acting; 2.hurt by the acting. Be specific and in the last paragraph tell us what you would have done differently as an actor in this film. 2-a particular actor you respect and list tendencies that make his/her performances shine brighter than most. Use specific films to support your opinions. What makes you want to emulate this actor? In the last paragraph discuss consistent traits that this actor uses from film to film.

Any ideas??
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

Have you picked a film or an actor?

Glengarry Glen Ross.
Most importantly its character/actor driven, a large variety of performances to choose from, well known actors you've probably seen enough on screen to discuss.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Yeah, what PW said. Whatever you write about, it's got to be from the heart. Give us a list of possible choices, and I'll be happy to give you some suggestions. If I just suggest something, not knowing what you're into, it's not going to be helpful. However, once you list some choices, I'll help you until you're comfy with what you've written. When is this due?

Judging by his top ten I'd say any one of those could make for a fine candidate. Especially Pulp Fiction or The Big Lebowski, cause you know... they're like, really good and stuff. Actually, I really like all the flicks on his top ten, so yeah, there you go.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
what about for a movie where the acting has hurt it even though it was a good premise to begin with??
Look at the films of Keanu Reeves. I'm confident you'll find something that fits the bill.

the film that the acting hurt - probably Black Panther - the film is good, but it could be better, I think. And the film that the acting saved from failure - there are films in the filmography of Brad Pete, it seems to me ... In general, I think the more controversial the films to choose, the sharper the essay will turn out - many opinions, many disputes