Expressions and Sayings You're Tired Of

Tools    

BANNED
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
How odd that you just deleted a post accusing me of putting words in your mouth and then posted this instead...
What's your point, crab-woman?

Originally Posted by Django
What's your point, crab-woman?

My point is that earlier you stated the Eagle was “a universally recognized symbol of liberty and independence”… and all I did was give you a different view of what the eagle represents to some Native American cultures… a view that actually has a lot of religious significance to them... and you in turn called the information “trivia”

Definition of Trivia -- something of small importance

Definition of racism -- discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race

Definition of discriminatory -- containing or implying a slight

Definition of racist -- discriminatory especially on the basis of race or religion

Think about it… and while you're at it think about how childish it is to resort to name calling...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

BANNED
Oh, please!

I was using the word "trivia" to refer to an interesting bit of general knowledge. As used in the context of the board game "Trivial Pursuit".

I think you're grasping at straws here to justify your irrational antagonism towards me!

Frankly, I'm bored!

Also, it's about time for me to meet up with some friends to see Kill Bill!

On that note, it's adios, amigos!

Oh, please!

I was using the word "trivia" to refer to an interesting bit of general knowledge. As used in the context of the board game "Trivial Pursuit".

I think you're grasping at straws here to justify your irrational antagonism towards me!

Frankly, I'm bored!

Ah… and yet another exit excuse… well as the saying goes… don’t let the door hit you in the a$$ on your way out…

Oh, please!

Frankly, I'm bored!

You are a gutless wonder, and now I know you are stupid also, if you didn't know what Cait was referring to before.

Don't call Cait and Yoda names, heaven help any babe that ends up with you.

I can't believe you actually have friends.

ugly Django, ugly Django fly away
Don't come back another day.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Funny how someone who doesn't care what we think spends so much time telling us so.
I really wish you and Caity wouldn't reply to him. I get sick of having to scrol past his pointless, and endless, defensiveness. He's a punk. Let him talk to himself. PLEASE!!!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

A novel adaptation.
I'm actually going to have to side with Django on this one.
"That's an interesting bit of trivia." was clearly not meant to be derisive, it's a common turn of phrase.

Although I guess this all depends on the contents of the edited post.

Either way, at this poiint, I think we're all antagonizing him a bit.

I ate all your bees.
an expression I'm tired of hearing is 'No Offence, but"...Its just the stupidest thing anyone can say. That and 'bugger me sideways and call me a larrikin...'

BANNED
Originally Posted by Herod
I'm actually going to have to side with Django on this one.
"That's an interesting bit of trivia." was clearly not meant to be derisive, it's a common turn of phrase.

Although I guess this all depends on the contents of the edited post.

Either way, at this poiint, I think we're all antagonizing him a bit.
Thanks for siding with me on this one, Herod. I owe you one!

Incidentally, here's another "interesting bit of trivia" for the entertainment of one and all:

Did you know that the British royal family (i.e. QE2, Prince Charles and Prince William) are direct descendants of Count Vlad Dracul of Wallachia, a.k.a. Vlad the Impaler or Count Dracula?

Fascinating, ain't it?

BANNED
Originally Posted by nebbit
You are a gutless wonder, and now I know you are stupid also, if you didn't know what Cait was referring to before.
I hardly think avoiding pointless arguments over pointless trivialities qualifies as being "gutless".

Don't call Cait and Yoda names, heaven help any babe that ends up with you.

I can't believe you actually have friends.
Oh, I have plenty, thanks!

ugly Django, ugly Django fly away
Don't come back another day.

Put me in your pocket...
Django....just stop it. Your constant childish behavior has gone on long enough. Just be a man for once and take the high road instead of goading people on. Before you get all defensive with me...you have to know that reading through this thread...and seeing you call people names, you come across as trying to push peoples' buttons and crying for attention.

Just stop it....please.

BANNED
Frankly, I am getting FED UP of this crap!!!

I am sick to my teeth of this nonsense!

I post some harmless comments, only to get Yoda and Caitlyn hounding me with their meaningless remarks, and when I respond, I get criticized and accused of everything from being childish to being boring!

I mean, come on! The people levelling baseless allegations against me are not even being consistent!

Anyway, like I said, who cares! I have better things to do than wasting my time over this nonsense!

(And I can bet that Yoda will criticize me for even this remark!)

As far as the name-calling goes, hey, when I call someone something, you can bet it's justified! I called Yoda and Caitlyn crabs and losers, and you can damn well bet it's completely justified! They are, in fact, crabs and losers! Thus, my remarks are not insults, but, rather, accurate observations of their pointless crap! So I don't apologize for my words at all!

The allegations are generally quite consistent. You are not criticized for replying, but rather, you are criticzed for how you reply. I don't see why you cannot grasp that.

BANNED
Sure, I grasp that. But it's also pretty obvious to me that the allegations are far from consistent.

Regarding what you said--you pointed out that the criticisms are directed not so much at the content of my posts but, rather, at the style. Let's get specific here. What's at fault? My writing style? My choice of language? My grammar (or grampa)? My spelling? My diction? The tone of my voice (though how you can judge that from written text is beyond me)? How about some pointed, specific constructive remarks so that I can make the appropriate changes, as opposed to the standard, inconsistent, vague expression of hostility that I have to confront in here day in and day out?

After reviewing this entire thread, I must apologize to Django. It does seem that you were picked on and goaded. You could, however, let these things slide. What really pisses me off though, is that so many threads are ruined because the focus is lost on the topic at hand, and instead turns into a Caity and Chris vs Django thread. Make your own thread for the three of you and quit polluting all of these other threads.

Is that fair?

Sure, I grasp that. But it's also pretty obvious to me that the allegations are far from consistent.

Regarding what you said--you pointed out that the criticisms are directed not so much at the content of my posts but, rather, at the style. Let's get specific here. What's at fault? My writing style? My choice of language? My grammar (or grampa)? My spelling? My diction? The tone of my voice (though how you can judge that from written text is beyond me)? How about some pointed, specific constructive remarks so that I can make the appropriate changes, as opposed to the standard, inconsistent, vague expression of hostility that I have to confront in here day in and day out?
I think it's both; both what you're saying, and how you choose to say it. If you're genuine in your request for specifics, I can give them to you. Just state your preferences: here, or in a new thread? Elaborated, or summarized?

My life isn't written very well.
My grammar (or grampa)?
One of the funniest Django quotes I've ever read!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

BANNED
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
After reviewing this entire thread, I must apologize to Django. It does seem that you were picked on and goaded. You could, however, let these things slide. What really pisses me off though, is that so many threads are ruined because the focus is lost on the topic at hand, and instead turns into a Caity and Chris vs Django thread. Make your own thread for the three of you and quit polluting all of these other threads.

Is that fair?
Slaytan, thanks. Sounds fair enough.

Originally Posted by Yoda
I think it's both; both what you're saying, and how you choose to say it. If you're genuine in your request for specifics, I can give them to you. Just state your preferences: here, or in a new thread? Elaborated, or summarized?
Elaborated, and how about PMing me? Let's keep it out of the forum completely.

Originally Posted by r3port3r66
One of the funniest Django quotes I've ever read!
Thanks!

Don't, even for a moment, think that I am on your side, man. This time I see what there is to see, but in the past your negative attitude and constant need for negative reinforcement has caused all the dislike directed towards you. I am so sick of seeing threads destroyed because of you. I wish you would leave MoFo, and go cause trouble somewhere else. This is a community of people who want to talk like friends, have friendly debates, and above all, talk about movies. I am sick to death of you and your pointless bull****. GOD!!! Just go!!!