Expressions and Sayings You're Tired Of

Tools    

For me, I'm getting a little tired of the word "wig**r" or "Wigga". The word is short for "white ni***r", half of that being a completely unacceptable word for any white person to say. Would you say that word by itself? I wouldn't either. Saying that word is just the same as saying what it really stands for IMO. It may directed at a white person but it still acknowledges the ugliness of the original. Even worse, is that it is intended to be worse by saying someone is a copy of an ugly and unacceptable generalization. I think we can come up with better word that means the same thing, don't you? It may not be intended to be so but to me it comes off as borderline racism.

Anyone else have a saying or expression(s) that they don't like or just can't stand hearing anymore???

BANNED
How about "who f**king cares?"

Originally Posted by Django
How about "who f**king cares?"
8 months + 1,200+ posts + several dozen essay-length rants = you f**king care. A whole hell of a lot, apparently.

My life isn't written very well.
"Weapons of Mass Destruction" and "Justice". The latter, not for the word itself, but the way our Prez likes to drawl it out, "Juhs-tice".

EDIT: Stay Cool Yoda. Stay Cool.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Put me in your pocket...
But...but...mommmmyyyy...it was Ryan's (Kaitlyn') fault!

Expressions I'm tired of saying (and thought I'd never say).....

"I said no fighting!"

"Go to your rooms!"

"Because I said so!"

Annie, here are some expressions that I used as a kid:

"I didn't do it. I swear!"

"I couldn't find a phone."

"I didn't get my report card yet."

"Here's a note from my mom...I was sick yesterday."

"I could care less."

Mostly it drives me nuts because it's used incorrectly. What folks mean to say is "I couldn't care less", but for some reason in the vernacular it is commonly misspoken, and what's worse accepted. I try to respond, 'Oh, and what, for example, do you care less about?' or 'Well, what's it gonna take then for you to care even less?'
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by r3port3r66
Annie, here are some expressions that I used as a kid:

"I didn't do it. I swear!"

"I couldn't find a phone."

"I didn't get my report card yet."

"Here's a note from my mom...I was sick yesterday."

I'll have to remember those Tim.

Holden...I've been guilty of that one. I'll have to remember it's "I couldn't care less".

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
"I could care less."

Mostly it drives me nuts because it's used incorrectly. What folks mean to say is "I couldn't care less", but for some reason in the vernacular it is commonly misspoken, and what's worse accepted. I try to respond, 'Oh, and what, for example, do you care less about?' or 'Well, what's it gonna take then for you to care even less?'
I agree. Another popular expression that drives me nuts is when people use the fictional word "irregardless".
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

BANNED
Originally Posted by Yoda
8 months + 1,200+ posts + several dozen essay-length rants = you f**king care. A whole hell of a lot, apparently.
Yoda! You noticed!

I hate when the news people use the word 'allegedly'

You do understand that "allegedly" is there for legal reasons, yeah?

Another one I hate is "near miss". This too is a phrase that means the opposite of how it is used. When two planes almost collide midair, that's not a near miss, it's a near hit! They nearly hit each other but missed, not nearly missed each other but hit. "Holy crud, we nearly missed that plane, Captain, but next time around we'll definitely clip the bastard!" I don't know for sure, but the FAA must be behind that one, some descision from on high that folks psychologically don't want to hear the word "hit" when talking about planes. Whoever is responsible, they should be shot. Not near shot, but nail 'em dead center.

"Like... you know..."

“Should I stay or should I go”

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

"Can you hear me now?"

And I also find it amusing when people use the word "acrossed", as in "It's just acrossed the street." No such word, but it's fun to hear people say it.

Or how 'bout "Kindy-garden". I've heard well educated adults say this one. Of course we all know it pronounced Kinder-garten.

BANNED
Originally Posted by nebbit
What is that Django? your new avatar, is that a Vulture
No, as a matter of fact, nebbit, it happens to be an eagle, a universally recognized symbol of liberty and independence.