Solar Flares

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
hey did anyone see the sola flares (Flairs?) tonight?

Didnt even know about them till like an hour ago, my mum phoned me and said if you look at the skies you should be able to see them, was a news flash on as they came unpredicted. I should imagine they can be seen all over the world. Its one of the largest solar flares to hit earth in like 20 years, it will allow poeple all over the planet to witness the Aurora Borilalis (Sp?) Or Northern Lights as i know them.

ANYWAY, When my mum phoned and told me we all drove down the beach where there's no light pollution and as we got out of our car there they were. It was incredible. Massive Bright Blood red northern lights streaming across the sky. One of the most spectacular sights ive seen in years. I never thought i would get a chance to see them as they only occur in Northern parts of the world but i was so glad to see them. being blood red as well it was quite fitting for halloween

Did or has anyone else seen them? it was pretty incredible

No, I didn't see them.

I would really have loved to though. An experience like that and I was not aware? Oh the upset. Of course it's raining utside and there are clouds everywhere so I doubt I would have been able to see it anyway.

Was it really that beautiful?

I take it they stopped before you posted this.

It was a once in a lifetime experience I bet.

Originally Posted by Revenant
No, I didn't see them.

I would really have loved to though. An experience like that and I was not aware? Oh the upset. Of course it's raining utside and there are clouds everywhere so I doubt I would have been able to see it anyway.

Was it really that beautiful?

I take it they stopped before you posted this.

It was a once in a lifetime experience I bet.
Where abouts in the UK do u live Rev? Im down in the South West. You might and probably will still be able to see them when a clear bit of sky comes, its been raining here all day but we caught them in a clear bit of sky.

They looked so beautiful, they were shimmering and changing shape but they were a deep red colour. it was amazing. As we got out of my flat i was like "ooh look at the sky" but all my flat mates just said it was the street lights, so we drove down the beach away from the light and they were glowing in the sky. It was so bizarre, these moving, shimmering red lights over lapping the stars drifting in front of us. It was certainly spectacular, but they had moved and changed colour to a deep blue within about 10 minutes. *Insert humbled smiley here*

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Where abouts in the UK do u live Rev? Im down in the South West. You might and probably will still be able to see them when a clear bit of sky comes, its been raining here all day but we caught them in a clear bit of sky.

I live in the south east, just outside of central London.
I'm an eastender.

I'm glad you got to some fantastic natural phenomena. I'll just have to wait until a next time.

Originally Posted by Revenant
I live in the south east, just outside of central London.
I'm an eastender.

I'm glad you got to some fantastic natural phenomena. I'll just have to wait until a next time.
An Eastender ay? Im from Essex just outside London! so close! Im in the south west at the mo at uni though so....not so close