How will movies be like in 2050?

Tools    

Violence is purely aesthetic.
How do you think cinema will evolve in the next years? Will theaters still exist? Will V.R take over? Will video-games be superior? Or will it be the same, only with a superior resolution? What do you think?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Future belongs to oculus rift pr0n!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I think most movies will be animated, by 2050 it will be very easy. And most Hollywood movies will aim at photo realistic animation though: second life will have photo-realistic graphics so you just create a virtual movie studio in there and shoot virtual actors for near zero cost.

And most scrips will be written by a automatic scrip generators that will mathematically optimize scrips to satisfy specific tastes as to maximize film's revenues.

Nobody will go to theaters to watch movies instead you just project a cinema screen into your Google Contact Lenses.

Probably Jaws remakes, Star Wars remakes, LOTR will probably be on its 2nd reboot, Marvel and DC will be on their 20th reboot of each character, there'll be sequels to all these reboots as well and then they'll be rebooted again.

By then the digital format will probably take over, and most movies (if not all) will be brought to moviegoers in the form of on demand. And going to theater will unfortunately be phased out one way or another. With prices ridiculously hiking staying home to watch a movie on a home theater, that will eventually be like the cinema itself...in some homes it is...the movie theater industry will eventually be extinct. Nothing lasts forever.

Movies will come in pill form.
But seriously, we all know that implants will be the next society-altering "advancement."

We'll all have implants that we can use to access the "Internet" (or something like it) within our own brains, any time we want. These devices will have other uses as well: health monitoring, tracking (by the government and such), communication (which will be almost like telepathy as you can text or "call up" friend's implants and communicate directly from your brain to theirs).

So movies will also be able to be downloaded on implants (almost like having a movie come in a pill) and you'll be able to watch virtually any movie INSIDE YOUR BRAIN at any time - for a price of course... in the form of credits which will be automatically charged to your implant. And if you aren't able to pay, then someone from your "service provider" will shut your implant down... or maybe just explode your brain from the inside out!

Watching movies in your brain while driving could be hazardous, but by that time we should have robot cars, so it shouldn't be a problem. Getting your kids to listen to you? That will still be a problem.

If IS get their way, movies won't exist in 50 years time.

We'll all be sitting in dilapidated houses with no power or heating, talking to an imaginary friend 4 times a day, and not washing.

If IS get their way, movies won't exist in 50 years time.

We'll all be sitting in dilapidated houses with no power or heating, talking to an imaginary friend 4 times a day, and not washing.
You've just described my life right now (well, the talking to an imaginary friend and not washing parts anyway).

A few guesses:

1. "Going to the theater" will still be a thing, but on demand will be the easiest thing to watch something. There'll be a lot of Netflix's.
3. The special effects will be a great part of it, but they won't be "special" because we're getting used to them (I just watched Star Wars a few days ago and I could see every single one, it was weird, and at some point, kinda bothered me). The aspect of movies will be all in Ultra HD (if that's a thing).
4. Reboots, remakes, re everything.
5. Good stories, as ever.

I don't think anything would be needed to be in so called HD anymore by then. There would so many nonsensical high definition upgrades, people won't know what the hell actual reality is anymore. Heck, I don't even get why there's so many different versions of HD nowadays anyhow. How friggin realistic does one want something to look and sound? If you want that much realism get off your ass and interact with a human being.lol

Full VR movies.

more on CGI and space or alien movies