What is your all-time boring films list?

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I actually love White Nights.. its one of my favorites from the 1980's. But then again... Mikhail is amazing dancer... Gregory is a great one too.. but not as good as Mikhail.

I agree 100%. I love "White Nights" Any chance to watch Baryshnikov dance is never boring.

I actually love White Nights.. its one of my favorites from the 1980's. But then again... Mikhail is amazing dancer... Gregory is a great one too.. but not as good as Mikhail.

Pride and Prejudice is in my top 5 English speaking films.. I love historical books made into movies..... especially romantic ones... Matthew MacFayden is an amazing actor...

I enjoy John Carter
I watched White Nights in '86 on Betamax. I think it ran for like 2 hours and it was so hot inside my grandma's room. It was my aunt's pick so I have to put up with it. Lionel Richie's song 'Say You Say Me' is some song I like in that movie. 'Separate Lives' (another song from the movie sung by Marilyn Martin) didn't make it to my favourites until 1999 (I think) when Stephen Bishop made an acoustic version of it which, I think, is very nice.

I dont find many of the movies I choose to watch "boring" because I dont look for ones that are not very good... if a film is low budget and the trailer is "sh*t" .. I skip it overall...

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Yeah, Out Of Africa.... (1985). Correct me if I'm wrong but did this movie won some Oscars? Not much into Meryl Streep, you see.
Yes. "Out of Africa" won 7 Oscars, including Best Picture. I've tried to watch it several times, but I just can't seem to sit through it.

I'm determined to see it through to the end someday.

I watched White Nights in '86 on Betamax. I think it ran for like 2 hours and it was so hot inside my grandma's room. It was my aunt's pick so I have to put up with it. Lionel Richie's song 'Say You Say Me' is some song I like in that movie. 'Separate Lives' (another song from the movie sung by Marilyn Martin) didn't make it to my favourites until 1999 (I think) when Stephen Bishop made an acoustic version of it which, I think, is very nice.
Pride And Prejudice is my mom's DVD, and it's not even on sale but my mom likes Keira Knightly when she saw her in Anna Karenina (2012) so she thought P&P (being an Oscar nominee/winner) would be a nice movie. Honestly, she was disappointed. She slept halfway thru the film while I, waited for it to end. The redeeming value of the movie, IMO, is the beautiful classical piano score played at the beginning. What an opening!

John Carter is like a ripoff of all genres - sci-fi, action, love story, comedy, CGI. Honestly, I don't know what to make of it...LOL

Yes. "Out of Africa" won 7 Oscars, including Best Picture. I've tried to watch it several times, but I just can't seem to sit through it.

OK, good luck on that plan. As for me, maybe I'm gonna check out the OST of Out Of Africa on YouTube.

Pride And Prejudice is my mom's DVD, and it's not even on sale but my mom likes Keira Knightly when she saw her in Anna Karenina (2012) so she thought P&P (being an Oscar nominee/winner) would be a nice movie. Honestly, she was disappointed. She slept halfway thru the film while I, waited for it to end. The redeeming value of the movie, IMO, is the beautiful classical piano score played at the beginning. What an opening!

John Carter is like a ripoff of all genres - sci-fi, action, love story, comedy, CGI. Honestly, I don't know what to make of it...LOL
Are you serious? John Carter is a classic novel... written by Edgar Rice Burroughs. I would say most are rip off of the novel....

There is a whole series of books of "John Carter of Mars". It was written in 1911.

I dont find many of the movies I choose to watch "boring" because I dont look for ones that are not very good... if a film is low budget and the trailer is "sh*t" .. I skip it overall...
Yeah, that's a good premise or rule of thumb, if I may say. But in my experience, every now & then you come across a movie trailer that looks interesting and promising but only to get disappointed when that big Hollywood, CGI-laden movie turned out to be boring. Such is the case when I saw the last 2 Harry Potter movies.

Oh I dont have to worry about Hollywood CGI laden movies... most of the ones I watch now days are foreign. They dont rely on CGI.. they rely on their acting ability.

thanks for replying in a civilized way, someone else woulde've attacked me for having a different openion
Well, Mr. Tango23, there's always the Report button to click on if someone is being rude to you online. I share your feelings cos I, myself, have been bashed or harassed in some way in other sites. The wisest thing to do, at first, is to ignore if you notice the comment intended for you is a flame. But once it's getting below the belt (cursing, name calling, etc), you have the option to hit back.... or report.

Oh I dont have to worry about Hollywood CGI laden movies... most of the ones I watch now days are foreign. They dont rely on CGI.. they rely on their acting ability.
Wow... that's a good start. Foreign films are also interesting to me especially if they are dubbed in English. I kind of find it distracting to read subtitles while watching a movie on DVD or Blu-Ray, in my opinion.

Gerry
La'Avventura
Nashville
I've not seen Gerry, I completely agree about L'avventura, but completely disagree about Nashville I loved it. I can see someone finding it boring, but I like those kind of plotless reaslistic movies + the songs are good.

I've not seen Gerry, I completely agree about L'avventura, but completely disagree about Nashville I loved it. I can see someone finding it boring, but I like those kind of plotless reaslistic movies + the songs are good.
Well I glad you like it. Also Gerry is 09 minutes of Matt Damon and Casey Affleck walking through a damn desert. You can avoid it.

If there's one Oscar-winning film that I managed to watched in its entirety, it's The Sound Of Music. Great score, great acting, great sceneries. Mary Poppins - I kept fastforwarding it in my DVD player because I was going to return it to the store where I bought it but wanted to get my money's worth so I thought of giving MP a quick viewing...lol

Wow... that's a good start. Foreign films are also interesting to me especially if they are dubbed in English. I kind of find it distracting to read subtitles while watching a movie on DVD or Blu-Ray, in my opinion.
They are best in their own language with subtitles.. imo

I haven't watched "Nashville" yet for my top 1970s movie list.

Does anyone else want to weigh in on whether or not it's boring?

Its brilliant. Full of colorful characters and life. I love it.

I just sat through Fiddler on the Roof (1971) omfg it was torture for me. I find that most boring movies are classics that are great for someone else. Others on my boring list are 2001 and The Sound of Music which are all time classics. I thought Nashville was great but Gunslinger is not alone in thinking that's a snoozefest.