The Hobbit

Tools    

This is set to be awesome. I don't think they should go on forever, it already felt like The Trilogy did go on forever

Don't you hate how some incredible movie potential is often held back/delayed by rights issues? I really hope they sort this situation out. Would be tragic to not have Ian in this.

In the Beginning...
Don't you hate how some incredible movie potential is often held back/delayed by rights issues? I really hope they sort this situation out. Would be tragic to not have Ian in this.
You are WAY behind, buddy.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Getting a new trailer on the 19th.

Getting a new trailer on the 19th.

I thought I was weird until I read your posts! lol!

I thought I was weird until I read your posts! lol!
Let's not get crazy, Powderfinger.

Newish pictures.

I wanna see Mikael Persbrandt as Beorn already!

I think the Hobbit is going to be awesome. I think the whole 48 fps is sort of dumb. I think it makes a movie look like a public access channel show, but to each his own. I can't wait for Gollum again.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Looks like quite the CGI fest.

Looks like quite the CGI fest.

I was kind of hoping for more puppetry considering Del Toro's early involvement in the film, but I think PJ scrap almost all his concepts, with the exception of a few designs.

Still looks great, though.

Ian McKellen almost turned down Gandalf

Sir Ian McKellen has revealed that he almost turned down returning as Gandalf for Peter Jackson's forthcoming 'The Hobbit' films.

But it was the potential for disappointing fans of his role in the director's 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy that eventually forced his hand.

“It was a little like going back to something that wasn’t necessarily going to be particularly challenging,” the 73-year-old told the Hollywood Reporter.

“Gandalf is still inside me, as it were, so the business of getting to know a new character - I was sort of going to be robbed of that.”

However, the 73-year-old knight of the realm eventually came round to the idea, but not until leaving it to the last minute to sign up.

“You felt, how many millions of people are waiting for it? They wouldn’t understand if you weren’t as keen as they were,” he added.

The first installment, 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' arrives on December 14, with the follow-up 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' released on December 13, 2013, and the final film 'The Hobbit: There and Back Again' due on July 18, 2014.
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/ian-mckel...n-gandalf.html

Stephen Colbert to cameo in The Hobbit. However, not in Unexpected Journey

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=96248

Details on the soundtrack

Track List:

DISC 1:
My Dear Frodo
Old Friends (Extended Version)
An Unexpected Party (Extended Version)
Blunt the Knives performed by The Dwarf Cast
Axe or Sword?
Misty Mountains performed by Richard Armitage and The Dwarf Cast
The Adventure Begins
The World is Ahead
An Ancient Enemy
Radagast the Brown (Extended Version)
The Trollshaws
Roast Mutton (Extended Version)
A Troll-hoard
The Hill of Sorcery
Warg-scouts
DISC 2:
The Hidden Valley
Moon Runes (Extended Version)
The Defiler
The White Council (Extended Version)
Over Hill
A Thunder Battle
Under Hill
Riddles in the Dark
Brass Buttons
Out of the Frying-Pan
A Good Omen
Song of the Lonely Mountain (Extended Version) performed by Neil Finn
Dreaming of Bag End

Artwork:

I've got this poster design on the December issue of Empire magazine, can choose from 5 covers and I went with my favourite character:

It's a gorgeous lenticular cover.