What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

The last DVD I bought was the second season of The Walking Dead. I love that show and can't wait for the season 3 premiere.

Been wanting to get a Blu-Ray player and start a collection for a while now, though what better way to start it then buy the film that got me in to not only Tarantino as a director, but film watching as a whole. Got the limited edition as it looks good and one I bought was second hand but good as new, disc not used, cards still sealed etc
I've got that petrol tin but on dvd, before that edition though, Reservoir Dogs in a normal edition dvd was the first ever dvd I got. Ah memories.

I was a bit obsessed at the time with Tarantino, I have two editions on dvd of the film, the petrol tin and a special edition separate character digipak - think I have Mr. Orange on it, can't remember.

Great first blu-ray you have there.

I've got that petrol tin but on dvd, before that edition though, Reservoir Dogs in a normal edition dvd was the first ever dvd I got. Ah memories.

I was a bit obsessed at the time with Tarantino, I have two editions on dvd of the film, the petrol tin and a special edition separate character digipak - think I have Mr. Orange on it, can't remember.

Great first blu-ray you have there.
Thanks When I watched Reservoir Dogs I immediately fell in love with Tarantino and had to watch Pulp Fiction and the rest of his films, as I'm only 17 I can't wait for Django Unchained as it'll be the first time I can really watch his film at the time of release.

Not really sure what my first DVD was, don't really have many at all tbh, only really got in to watching films the past year hence why I'm starting collection now

The Green Hornet, I always liked the radio program and comic books when I was a kid and thought the movie would be good. It wasnt. It was complete garbage. I put it in my pile of unwanted DVD's to make Christmas tree ornaments out of.

Made three more orders today

The killing Criterion
(which even comes with the killers kiss)

Knife in the water Essential art house

Rashomon essentail arthouse

The People's Republic of Clogher
Most recently:

And a pre-order:

The last films I purchased were Cache, Funny Games, The Lookout, The Box, and Appaloosa.

I enjoyed Funny Games, that's why I got Cache, to see other works by the director. The reason I'd re-purchased Funny Games is because my other copy had oneside full and oneside wide, 'I HATE THAT!!!'.

The Lookout was a good film so I got it for someone I thought would enjoy it, they did.

The Box and Appaloosa were three bucks at Walmart, that explains that for the most part.

"Do you know what 'Nemesis' means?"
BluRay of '30 days Of Night'

Completely re-invented the vampire genre & to my mind one of the best horror movies of recent years.

Even Josh Hartnett is good in this one!

^ Last time I saw the above was the normal cut on VHS and haven't seen it since. So saw this director's cut version in the sales and decided to buy it on blu-ray. Apparently a lot of the script didn't make it into the film that Del Toro wanted in but wasn't allowed to film it all, so at least the director's cut is slightly closer to his vision than the producers.

Also in the same sale I got:

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
Jet Li's Once Upon a Time in China collection and Dario Argento's Deep Red.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Expanding my Chuck horizons:

"Do you know what 'Nemesis' means?"

Bought due to a review seen on another (music) site - terrific film, possibly Mortensen's best performance, ably supported by Jason Isaacs