Lady Snowblood

→ in
Tools    

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell Abbott 66-04
Lady Snowblood (1973)

Revenge...this movie is all about it. Meiko Kaji plays Shurayuki Hime or Yuki for short, as the name is a mouthful, she is also know as Lady Snowblood. Yuki was born in a women's prison after she was born her mother died. Her dying wish was for Yuki to avenge her, her son, and her husband's death's. Yuki's mother was raped and abused by four people. Then when she gets away by killing one of her captors, she is arrested. She sells herself in the prison, hoping to get pregnant to get a child to get her revenge for her, as she is sentenced to life in jail and cannot get out.

Yuki is then raised by one of the women in the prison and when the woman gets out, she takes her to a monk to get martial training. Her childhood was straight forward, learn to fight and survive. Her purpose is to avenge her mother. No more, no less. She is a "Child of the Netherworlds" as she is frequently called throughout the film.

The rest of the movie is just straightforward. Kill Kill Kill! That is what she was born for. To kill those four people. She cannont have emotion, compassion, or any other thoughts. Just to do her duty. But, you may think this movie would be stale and boring if all she does is kill kill kill. Well, the movie has a lotta plot twists, seriously, I was very surprised and pleased. Though the blood squirts out like the people have a very high blood pressure. Kinda like in "The House of Blue Leaves" in Kill Bill but alot worse. It's crazy. But still, don't let that scare you away. It's a great movie. Plus, the subtitles are great. Accurate and easy on the eyes. If you are a fan of Japanese cinema, or just want some good fun, this is the film for you.

Four thumbs up outta five!

This is my first review so meh.

Not bad at all for a first review… thanks…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell Abbott 66-04
You're welcome

My life isn't written very well.
Check out I Spit on Your Grave from the 70's. Yes from the 70's!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?