The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

→ in
Tools    

oh my god i forgot to check. dammit. i wont make a review or anything until i check for Nitzer droppings in his drawers

The movie was good, just not scary. I mean I'm not scared of any movies so I'm not in the place to judge that one. Still, a good movie.

!!!!GORE!!!!

"The film which you are about to see is an account of the tragedy that befell a group of five youths, in particular Sally Hardesty and her invalid brother, Franklin. It is all the more tragic in that they were young. But, had they lived very, very long lives, they could not have expected nor would they have wished to see as much of the mad and macabre as they were to see that day. For them an idyllic summer afternoon drive became a nightmare.

The Events of that day were to lead to the discovery of one of the most bizarre crimes in the annals of American history. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre." - August 18th, 1973

I generally tend to like originals better than remakes, but they did a good job on this version.

Did you know that the real Thomas Hewitt was the inspiration for other characters like Buffalo Bill and Hanibal in Silence of the Lambs.

The remake is one of the greatest horror films ever made. The casting was perfect. The music was great. I own the score on CD and it is awesome. The sets are magnificent. Leatherface is pure evil. Actually...everything about this movie is pure evil! I loved every second of it.

Originally Posted by mott hamble
I generally tend to like originals better than remakes, but they did a good job on this version.

Did you know that the real Thomas Hewitt was the inspiration for other characters like Buffalo Bill and Hanibal in Silence of the Lambs.
isnt it Ed Gien not Thomas Hewitt

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers
isnt it Ed Gien not Thomas Hewitt
Thomas Hewitt AKA Leatherface is a fictional character. However, the Thomas Hewitt character was inspired by Wisconsin serial killer Ed Gein, who never used a chain saw but did have a grotesque fascination with human body parts and liked to decorate his home with them as well as create masks and clothing with skin from his victims.

By the way michael myers, have you seen The Texas Chainsaw Massacre parts 2 (1986) and 3 (1990)? And what did you think of those?

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I saw the sequels....... Not great.... somewhat entertaining... And Ed Gein is AWESOME.... My favorite serial killer.... next to the grotesquely awesome Jefferey Dahmer.

I thought the remake was pretty descent and of course the were going to change some things around because they didn't want it to be exactly like the first.

I saw the new one first and I wanted to see the old one to see how the movie was inspired. I watched the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre and laughed so hard. The original one was just boring and you didn't even get to know the characters, I truly didn't care when they died as only one was killed by the actual Chainsaw. Plus in the original they all died way to fast. As far as I am concerned the old one was garbage and abnormally stupid. The Acting sucked, Leatherface was a weird voice making moron and the dad was a retard along with the other dumb son. The Remake was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then all the other ones by 100x. Geez, The original looked like one of those cheap space movies and there was like no gore due to the time it was made. The new one has a better plot and seemed more realistic, which I liked, the old one was just stupid. Me and my sis couldn't wait for the original one to end, while I have watched the new one quite a few times over. I can't stress that enough. 2003 version Awesome, other ones, crap in a bag.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by Leatherface2003
I saw the new one first and I wanted to see the old one to see how the movie was inspired. I watched the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre and laughed so hard. The original one was just boring and you didn't even get to know the characters, I truly didn't care when they died as only one was killed by the actual Chainsaw. Plus in the original they all died way to fast. As far as I am concerned the old one was garbage and abnormally stupid. The Acting sucked, Leatherface was a weird voice making moron and the dad was a retard along with the other dumb son. The Remake was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then all the other ones by 100x. Geez, The original looked like one of those cheap space movies and there was like no gore due to the time it was made. The new one has a better plot and seemed more realistic, which I liked, the old one was just stupid. Me and my sis couldn't wait for the original one to end, while I have watched the new one quite a few times over. I can't stress that enough. 2003 version Awesome, other ones, crap in a bag.
I agree with every word you said. Same happened with me, I saw the remake first - and loved it. After hearing so much about the original, I went out and rented it... words can't describe how bad it was.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
The remake was set on making you jump out of your seat. The word for that is not scary, it is fright.

The original is much scarier. It is scarier simply because it and the characters in it are much more real. They live and breathe and cry and bleed just like you or I would.

The remake wasn't scary. It made you jump, it may have possibly made you cringe, but if you were to pull up to a derelict house off a derelict highway in the middle of nowhere, would you be scared because you saw the remake or scared because you saw the original?

There wasn't anything in the remake that made me feel anything other than an extra heartbeat that lasted no more than 3 seconds. When Leatherface casually plops a girl down on a gigantic meathook, without hesitation or any single noticeable motion of regret - that is scary.

Originally Posted by Escape
By the way michael myers, have you seen The Texas Chainsaw Massacre parts 2 (1986) and 3 (1990)? And what did you think of those?
i did see TCM 2 i thought it was alright. it was pretty funny but not scary. i didnt see the 3rd or 4th

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
This is a movie discussion/rant/debate/shout/angry-frustrated thing, not a review. No, babies, I haven't seen the remake yet, and I'm not sure if I will. But, I want to hear from all of you who have seen it to tell me what you thought about this new "remake".

First off, I am PISSED that they did a Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, and I actually don't feel the desire to go see it!

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a movie that I saw when I was like four years old. I swear to God, I watched that intently and I knew about everything that was going on during it. I LOVED it. To me, TCM was what a good movie was back then. I also enjoyed it a lot because it was a horror film and it was before my time. At a very young age, I was fascinated by what went on before I entered this world. I thought that in the 70s, America was plagued by monsters who wore masks that were human faces and running around with gas powered chainsaws. IT MADE ME WANT TO GROW UP AND MEET THE SICK BASTARDS.

I AM PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW because I can't go to the movie theatre tonight and experience the same movie - THAT HAS THE SAME TITLE! - and see those monsters come to life again, and see the girl running through the woods, and see her brother in the wheelchair get sawed to death, see the girl get hung on a hook, see the MALE hitchhiker cut his own palm and then cut the wheelchair guy's arm before taking off. I am pissed off that I can't see that in a new edition filmed in 2002-2003, WHEN I WAS ALIVE.

The chance has been done. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre has been remade -- by a ****ING IDIOT WHO CAN'T DO ****.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, 2003 version, has a heavy metal soundtrack. It has a female hitchhiker, who isn't really a psychotic hitchhiker -- she's a surviving victim of Leatherface, whose friends are all dead. It has all sorts of new characters, more people in Leatherface's family (INCLUDING A KID!), all sorts of dumbness, MARIJUANA IN A PINATA, psychotic cops, disturbed women, blood, gore, new character names, a new real name for Leatherface, new scenes, new things.....

NONE OF THAT IS THE REAL "TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE" !!!!!!!!!!!

Why couldn't they have remade the film to be just like the original TCM? Why? What is so terrible about that? I for one would have been happier, I think, and I DEFINITELY would have went to see the movie first thing today.

Now, everybody's going to go out and see this ****ty remake this weekend, and I'm stuck here, eating PEZ and wishing I could see a fabulous updated version of a movie I have loved forever. Do you think I'm bitter?!?!

HELL YES.

A pissed off Sexy Celebrity, with chainsaw.
yeah, i dont like remakes either to a cerain extent, it kind of put my of when they released the next generation , mascarei thoough, wat are they doing.
then they bought out a remake, i thought wat the hell and to me honest i was really impressed. There are suttle changes, but nothing major. The move is still based in 1973, they've kept the original dimentions of the movies. I listened to the commentry and he said that they just couldnt make a remake with a dam god reason and i dam good plot. He even tell ya what the original plot was

fina piece of work for a remake, i d hire it or buy it, it was well made

subtle changes? like everything changed. The Characters, the plot, the events. i think thats pretty major. This remake is garbage and im sick of argueing why the original is better because i have been doing it for about four pages in this damn thread.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Then don't bother. The remake is indubitably better.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) made me cringe. The Jessica Biel character annoyed me so much that i wanted her to be put out of her misery as well as mine, quickly. Seriously this was one screwed up film. Everytime she did something stupid or predictable i wanted to throw the remote at her, or Leatherface's chainsaw... either one.

Originally Posted by Ultimate_Thrill
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) made me cringe. The Jessica Biel character annoyed me so much that i wanted her to be put out of her misery as well as mine, quickly. Seriously this was one screwed up film. Everytime she did something stupid or predictable i wanted to throw the remote at her, or Leatherface's chainsaw... either one.
Really? I thought Jessica Biel was excellent in her state of fear and panic. What is it she did that was stupid or predictable? Just curious.