I guess some of you might know the event (from August 1998) on which this film is based.

Tonight, it was time for me to finally watch the movie based on the Omagh bombing. I'd avoided the television showings.

Omagh is filmed in a documentary style with the real locations and many local actors used and primarily tells the story of Michael Gallagher (sympathetically played by local actor Gerard McSorley), whose son was murdered in the blast. Along with 28 other people and 2 unborn children.

The verdict? Too much handheld camera......

That's all I can really say.

I was brought up in Omagh and was in town on the day of the bombing. I knew a number of the casualties and my sister was a nurse in the local hospital at the time. I also know the lead actor - in fact I'd been out drinking with his cousin on the night before the attack.

Hopefully you can see why I can't be critical of this film, but I'll say there were tears in my eyes for 90 minutes this evening.

It was a strange experience, but one I needed to have.

....again.