Battle Royale: Survivor Program

→ in
Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally posted by leinad
someone was getting stabbed in the crotch one minute and it was all lovey and sweet the next
Exactly the point of the movie. Stuff like that was just a mirror of what happened to the kids. One minute they were happy at school, next they're on an island killing each other.

I watched it again. This movie is brilliant.

Lets put a smile on that block
Saw this film last night.
I had heard a lot about it and never one of them a bad thing so thought i had to see it.
It was absoloulty brilliant. Its a great film to watch with friends becuase it really makes you ask yourself and eachother what you would do in a situation like that.
Could you kill your best friend? In a matter of minutes the kids in this film are changed from Friends to ultimate enemies. Its a very clever idea. And like you have all said, its is like Lord of The Flies, but this time they Have tasers, guns and pot lids The only thing i think let it down was all the love. its a great idea that maybe would seem a lot better with better subtitles or dubbing but it just seemed as though there was a lot of love going around on an island where kids heads are blowing up.
Also i always find with subtitles its quite hard to get sarcasm and jokes, which there are quite a lot of in this film.
But none of this stopped it being a mind blowing 10

Can't believe I have come across this thread now. I found out I will be getting Battle Royale this week. . I was told it is a great movie so I decided to order it from my supplier. I am lookin' forward t seeing it !

I didn't get it yet. The person who was supposed to get it for me .... ....didn't , so I ordered it a little while ago. I ordered the 2 Disc Director's Cut "Survivor Program" Edition.
Although I did see some of Battle Royale in anamorphic surround sound and widescreen when I received it, with some movies a couple weeks ago, I just wanna see it and have it) the way it should be seen and be heard.

history *is* moralizing

"questionable socio-political concepts" says one critic. that's justly why it's worth making and watching such movies, what they do is *question* the no less questionable concepts of present goverments and powers!