MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Obviously we have to root for Parrothead here. 11 Angry Men has become, (dare I say it?) the New England Patriots!
*gasp!*
Sorry Yoda, but some dynasties must end.

Please don’t ban me......

Kamara again! Three TDS in the first half. Another 10 points and he'd hit his season high. Oh and he had a fourth just slip through his fingers on the last drive.

The trick is not minding
Saints doing a good job keeping Cook out of the end zone, especially on a short yardage situation on that last play.
Last run went for -3 yards from the 1 after a PI penalty.
Passing TD on next play.

Yeah, geez. And he almost had another on the third drive of the game.

Maybe the game of his career, on Christmas Day, in what's the fantasy championship for most leagues. He's gonna win soooo many people their leagues today, even if they're overmatched everywhere else.

The trick is not minding
Yeah, I was like “throw it to Cook!” Even though I knew they wouldn’t. Just anyone other then Thielen. And of course they did just as I feared.

Welp, that clip above is already out of date. Vikings naturally went with an onside kick, and when a TE got loose (since they weren't really trying to move down the field much) they rumbled down to a 1st and goal so they figured, why not, give him a crack at the NFL record of six TDs, and he got in on the first try.

Legendary performance. Might not be the highest total, but when you factor in the week, this is probably the greatest performance in fantasy football history.

I'm sure there are a few least exciting championship games ever going on this season after yesterday. I'm a little bummed that Kamara had such a huge day and killed my chances ,which were admittedly small to begin with, on the other hand, if he's gonna explode like that I'm glad it was against the Vikings. It made twitter fun. At least it happened on Friday so I can enjoy the rest of weekend.

Yeah, I was thinking about that yesterday: how it being the first game of the week, and the only one on Friday, means so many championships just totally lack drama now.

Sorry about that, I've been on the other end of monster games and it ain't fun. I think there are enough explosive players in your lineup that ours isn't totally done, but obviously you need a lot of breaks from here on out. But if you don't get them, hey, helluva first year dude.

I guess this is better or worse depending on each owner. I'm not sure if I prefer that "I lost to a force of nature" feeling more or less than "I lost a nailbiter" or not. I definitely prefer it to losing a nailbiter I could've won with a plausibly different lineup, though, which is clearly the worst way to lose.

My most explosive player got me 15 points. It's over unless the rest of your team gets injured in pre game warmups. All you can do is hope to make the playoffs and let the chips fall. If I hadn't had the bye I would have been out in the first round. There were way more up weeks than down weeks and I'll take that every year. Your team is too stacked. It was gonna take a Herculean effort to topple them. My expectations were low going in to the final game so the blow isn't too bad. Not like this blow from last year:

My most explosive player got me 15 points.
Well, the big scaredy cat in me's thinking of Jones, who topped 40 points once earlier this year, but yeah, you're at least at the point where he pretty much has to get near the 30s to even keep the door open.

All you can do is hope to make the playoffs and let the chips fall. If I hadn't had the bye I would have been out in the first round. There were way more up weeks than down weeks and I'll take that every year.
Very much agree with this. It's really a crapshoot week-to-week, which is one of the reasons I like the byes: to put a little more weight on the regular season.

I'm pretty much always lobbying for more ways to remove the randomness from fantasy football, and there's a few more things we can do to help nudge it in that direction. Maybe I'll lobby earlier/harder next season. Sounds like I'll have a second vote for a lot of it, at least.

Your team is too stacked. It was gonna take a Herculean effort to topple them.
Yeah, fair. At this point my primary rooting interest is all the OG roster guys winning it by themselves just so there's no doubt/resentment/whatever you wanna call it.

Not like this blow from last year:
Yikes. What kinda system lets a 5-9 team through? Is it one of those doofy leagues that has "divisions" even though it's only like a dozen players, thereby introducing even more randomness into an aready too-random game?