What's your favorite and least-favorite AA Best Picture Winner?

Tools    

With it being the Oscar season, I've been watching a couple Best Picture winners. I'm sure that there's been a few topics related to this already, so I tried to add 2 things to not make it not so boring!

Out of all the Best Picture movies you've seen, name the one that is your personal favorite, and the one that is your personal least-favorite.

I haven't seen a ton of them, but my favorite one is Return of the King of course and I highly doubt that will ever change even if I watched all the BP winners. I think it's awesome that it was one of only 3 films to win 11 Academy Awards. That of course makes it amazing!

Now for my least-favorite, I would have to say Crash. To me it was just an "okay" crime-drama. I can think of 15 crime-dramas off the top of my head that are better; I'm still pretty shocked that this actually won a Best Picture award.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I still get salty that Dances With Wolves beat Goodfellas for the BP 1990. But 1991 brought Silence of the Lambs as BP, and that movie is fantastic, much better than the other nominees(Not a lot of competition that year anyway though imo) and is one of my favorite and is one of the best psychological thrillers.

My least favorite is Shakespeare in Love, based simply on the fact that I dislike most of Shakespeare's work, don't particularly like Gwyneth Paltrow and it undeservingly beat out Saving Private Ryan and The Thin Red Line.

My favourite is easy, it's Gone With The Wind.

I couldn't say with any confidence the one I like least. But Braveheart, The Sound Of Music and Slumdog Millionaire are probably the favourites for that title..

There are others which might be there had I seen them and a few which I really don't like but mainly because I find them boring more than really dislike them, so I'm not including those.

My favourite is easy, it's Gone With The Wind.

I couldn't say with any confidence the one I like least. But Braveheart, The Sound Of Music and Slumdog Millionaire are probably the favourites for that title..

There are others which might be there had I seen them and a few which I really don't like but mainly because I find them boring more than really dislike them, so I'm not including those.
Gone With The Wind would be my third favourite after Lawrence of Arabia i think. Slumdog would also be one of my least favourites too, don't think much of Braveheart either.

Edit: Fourth actually i forgot about Unforgiven.

ATC is right about the films of 1991, but incorrect about the winner. JFK should've walked away with it.
I wonder why old money didn't buy that award then, even the old rich white folks must agree with me

I wonder why old money didn't buy that award then, even the old rich white folks must agree with me
Why didn't rich, conservative America vote for the film which told them they murdered the President because he wouldn't do what they wanted? Yeah. Why is that?

Why didn't rich, conservative America vote for the film which told them they murdered the President because he wouldn't do what they wanted? Yeah. Why is that?
Face it, they love Anthony Hopkins, and they killed two birds with one stone. The better movie won, and their shady backstreet dealings were swept under the rug again. Win win for the WASPs.

Favorite is probably The Godfather.

Least favorite? Most likely Shakespear in Love. It was an absolute crime that it beat out Saving Private Ryan for BP.

The Return of the King is easily my favorite (no surprise there right?) but I'd have to look through all the BPs and remember which ones I have seen before I gave my least favorite.
Just look through your list - http://www.movieforums.com/lists/bes...ers/86170.html

Face it, they love Anthony Hopkins, and they killed two birds with one stone. The better movie won, and their shady backstreet dealings were swept under the rug again. Win win for the WASPs.
It's just a shame they chose that performance to honour.

The worst one (that I've seen) is Mrs. Miniver. The Departed is also mediocre.

Best would maybe be Birdman or Slumdog Millionaire or One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

For me it probably has to be between The Hurt Locker and Titanic.

Probably would go with Titanic, yeah the amount of detail Cameron put into the movie is great but I could care less about the love story, I honestly think it would of worked better had there been various groups of people focused on in the movie, instead of just a man from the lower class and a women from the upper class. They had other characters but they were all pretty one note and bland.