Mission: Impossible... The Past And The Future

Tools    

Just found out that M:I5 is being greenlit as we speak, but whether there's a script or anything is unknown.

I love the M:I movies and they actually make me like Tom Cruise too. Most of the time I can't stand his grinning self loving attitude, but the films really make me like him.

For me, M:I is one the few, in fact the very few, franchises that gets better as it goes on. Every single time they've hit the mark right on the nose.
LOTR and Nolan's take on Batman are probably the only other two that managed it, being completely honest.

They've used different directors every time and it's given the movies a different flavour every time and the cast have chopped and changed as well between films, with the exception of 3 actors, Cruise and Rhames being in all 4 films and Simon Pegg being present in the 3rd and 4th.

I was wondering what everyone elses thoughts were on Cruise's money making machine... and what your thoughts are on there being possibly another mission () returning to the big screen...

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I like them all, to a certain degree, except for the second one (it's still ok). Each director has put a certain stamp of style on each of them. The last one was my favourite, just because it was a fantastic blast of solid action. And even in shallow actioners like these, Tom brings his A game in each of the films.

These have got to be some of the worst movies I've ever had the pleasure of not liking. They're like top 40 music stuff. Here today and gone tomorrow. With the way we're able to access movies from "unknown" creators all over the world, why are we still gettin b_ners everytime "they" remake the same story with a slightly bigger explosion. It's bogus and old and lame and tired. I'd rather watch a dog take a dump in slow mo on youtube than pay a bunch of buttholes to see mission impossible at a movie theater. Then again, what do I know, they probably think I'm a butthole too.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Didn't like the first two, loved the 3rd film and even though it was a slight step down for me I enjoyed the 4th film too. Bring on a 5th film if it's like the style of the 3rd again.

Just watched Ghost Protocol again... something caught my attention that didn't seem to register before... there's a reference to The Syndicate at the end of the movie. Anyone who knows their M:I history will know that The Syndicate were the main antagonist in most of the final episodes of the original series.

Coooool.

I am the Watcher in the Night
This is one of those series', as you so rightly put, gets better with time. Apart from 2 I think all of them are great action movies. In fact, Ghost Protocol is the best of the lost and one of the best action movies I've seen in a very long time (not counting a couple comic flicks).

Tom Cruise is not scary

The most loathsome of all goblins
The first Mission Impossible is decent, 2 & 3 are crap. As for Ghost Protocol, it blew me away. Maybe part of it was my rather low expectations, but I was thrilled from beginning to end, very stylish and innovative for an action film, especially nowadays.

Also, Paula Patton is, after watching that film, my pick for the sexiest woman in Hollywood. Just... wow.

I have read today that MI: 5 has been greenlit officially, last I heard Tom Cruise wanted Christopher McQuarrie (Jack Reacher) to direct but considering that movie's poor reception I don't know.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I think it's just set up to be able to have numerous secrets. Allot of the story writes itself with the format of the movies. All you need is an ok story to wrap around it and some cool effects and stunts. And Cruise is great in this role