Does The Rock have the worst resume in Hollywood?

Tools    

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
While Walking Tall had a 26% rating in the positive/negative the 10 point scale for it was much higher 4.5 out of 10.

Fate and the Furious 6.1/10
Moana - 7.9/10
Furious 7 - 6.6/10
Fast and Furious 6.2/10
Pain and Gain 5.4/10
Snitch 5.6/10
Fast Five 6.4/10
Faster 4.9/10
Walking Tall - 4.5/10
Rundown 6.4/10

Average RT score - 6/10
Mate seriously wtf. Look at the numbers you’re putting down. Those aren’t good ratings. They are average. With the exception of Mona on the RT score not on this one. He’s never been in a great movie. Very poor resume for arguable the most popular and highest paid actor of now.

Jumanji was great fun.
That’s the movie that inspired this thread. I watched it last night. I’m glad you liked it lol. Thought it was pleasant enough....that’s about as nice as I’ll get about it.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Apologies the title to the post isn’t my best peice of work. What I’m trying to say is has there been an actor so popular and as highly paid as the rock that has such a poor resume, in terms of what a poor resume is I’d consider not being in one great movie and only small appearances in ok movies like the ones I listed.
Yeah well I don't think doing one or two "good" movies can necessarily redeem an otherwise bad career or at least give it that much of an edge over a more consistently mediocre one. If you want to run the averages, Wahlberg has been in two Transformers movies and gave us Entourage (and for that reason I don't consider Tommy Wiseau because The Room itself is more of a work of art than damn near any other movie those dudes have ever made).
According to the criteria by the original poster Tommy Wiseau wouldn't qualify.

This is one of the few posts I've made on Movie Forums I regret. Don't know why I bothered in the first place.

Apologies the title to the post isn’t my best peice of work. What I’m trying to say is has there been an actor so popular and as highly paid as the rock that has such a poor resume, in terms of what a poor resume is I’d consider not being in one great movie and only small appearances in ok movies like the ones I listed.
Yeah well I don't think doing one or two "good" movies can necessarily redeem an otherwise bad career or at least give it that much of an edge over a more consistently mediocre one. If you want to run the averages, Wahlberg has been in two Transformers movies and gave us Entourage (and for that reason I don't consider Tommy Wiseau because The Room itself is more of a work of art than damn near any other movie those dudes have ever made).

This is one of the few posts I've made on Movie Forums I regret. Don't know why I bothered in the first place.
Yea listen the thread is rather trashy...much like the rocks movies!

Mate seriously wtf. Look at the numbers you’re putting down. Those aren’t good ratings. They are average. With the exception of Mona on the RT score not on this one. He’s never been in a great movie. Very poor resume for arguable the most popular and highest paid actor of now.
No they are positive ratings, to put into perspective your top ten...

Heat 7.8/10
Goodfellas 9/10
Million Dollar Baby 8.4/10
Empire Strikes Back 8.9/10
Godfather 9.3/10
Braveheart 7.2/10
Lord of the Rings 8.2/10
T2 8.4/10
Silence of the Lambs 8.2/10
Gladiator 7.2/10

Average RT 8.2/10

So that's a 27% shift from the 10 best movies you've ever seen in your life.

But it's nice we've gone from worst ever to those movies stink to well they are average.

No they are positive ratings, to put into perspective your top ten...

Heat 7.8/10
Goodfellas 9/10
Million Dollar Baby 8.4/10
Empire Strikes Back 8.9/10
Godfather 9.3/10
Braveheart 7.2/10
Lord of the Rings 8.2/10
T2 8.4/10
Silence of the Lambs 8.2/10
Gladiator 7.2/10

Average RT 8.2/10

So that's a 27% shift from the 10 best movies you've ever seen in your life.

But it's nice we've gone from worst ever to those movies stink to well they are average.
Big difference between those ratings. Big difference between the quality of those films compared to his top 10. Never said they were the worst ever. Might help if you read the thread comments in chronological order....you know from the beginning. Tell me a hugely popular movie star past or present that has had a worse movie resume with no outstanding performances and or great movies. If you can tell me, like seriously, I’ll listen. I’m open to the answer. That’s why I asked, that’s why I want people contributing. But you can’t tell me his resume is good based on the movies you provided regardless of those ratings. I’m sure you wouldn’t call any of the fast and furious films great.

Welcome to the human race...

Likewise, this thread's been a mess from the get-go. Not sure why you referenced Wiseau in the first place, though.

Likewise, this thread's been a mess from the get-go. Not sure why you referenced Wiseau in the first place, though.
It’s getting a bit of attention mate. Probably should learn from me. Get yourself some more views and reps for your reviews. Click bait...it’s the way to go. Try it.

You heard the man, folks. Let's ditch this thread and let him continue to be wrong in peace.
Good tactic mate. The less people are on this thread...the more may come to yours....maybe....

Big difference between those ratings. Big difference between the quality of those films compared to his top 10. Never said they were the worst ever. Might help if you read the thread comments in chronological order....you know from the beginning.
This thread is a mess and you've been all over the place.

Tell me a hugely popular movie star past or present that has had a worse movie resume with no outstanding performances and or great movies.
What does that even mean? The Rock's been successful in action films, comedies and even has a musical (that you wouldn't watch).

But if you want a list...going through the box office top ten's from the 30's-today

Chevy Chase
Vin Diesel
Adam Sandler
Bruce Willis
Demi Moore
Gene Autry
Van Johnson
Dean Martin
Jerry Lewis
Rock Hudson
Pat Boone
Ben Stiller
Martin Lawrence
Tim Allen
Patrick Swayze
Barbara Streisand
Elvis Presley
Bo Derek
Chuck Norris
Paul Hogan

But you can’t tell me his resume is good based on the movies you provided regardless of those ratings. I’m sure you wouldn’t call any of the fast and furious films great.
That's not his top ten, that's my top ten of his work. His top ten would be this...

Operation Filmmaker 7.4/10
The Other Guys 6.7/10
Fate and the Furious 6.1/10
Moana - 7.9/10
Furious 7 - 6.6/10
Fast and Furious 6.2/10
Snitch 5.6/10
Fast Five 6.4/10
Rundown 6.4/10
Jumanji 6.1/10

6.54 which is only a 20% shift from the greatest films you've ever seen.

And while I don't think the Fast and Furious films are great they are good, and when he joined the franchise they became significantly better because of him.

Ok so Adam sandler is a good one. Surely Chevy chase cant qualify being in comedy classics. Demi Moore- ghost. Bruce Willis no idea why he’s mentioned - die hard. I’ll look at the others in time. But of the names I know.....they’ve all been in better movies than the rock except maybe sandler but I personally love happy Gilmore and billy Madison.

Demi Moore's performance in Ghost was "great", what were the great performances of Bruce Willis and Chevy Chase, they've been in great films...actually if you want to talk about great "performances" and you want to acknowledge different styles...

WrestleMania XXVIII garnered 1,217,000 buys,[61] making it the most purchased wrestling event in history, surpassing WrestleMania 23's buyrate of approximately 1.2 million, with global gross sales in excess of $67 million.[62] The event also set a new record for the highest grossing live event in WWE history, grossing $8.9 million
WrestleMania XXIX garnered 1,048,000 PPV buys, 205,000 fewer than the previous year's event.[24] The event set a new record for the highest grossing live event in WWE history, grossing $72 million

In 2 nights the Rock made 130 million dollars....I'd like to see Judi Dench fill a stadium and give a performance that would make that much money.

You can conversely make the argument that wrestling is acting, and The Rock had the most successful acting performances of all-time. Making the Rock the greatest Actor of all-time.

Dwayne the rock Johnson. Maybe I can see 2 or 3 movies where he’s appeared (not starred) that are good movies not great. Be cool, the other guys and Get smart.

He’s not doubt a big name. So comparing to today’s and even yesterday’s big names does he have the worst resume in film. I could only think of van damme and maybe Steven seagal but I don’t think they were ever as popular as the rock and arguably in some better movies for which they starred in.
All I can tell you is I enjoyed him in Doom.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Jumanji was fun. I liked Moana. Dwayne may not have the best range in-terms of acting, oftentimes portraying his same usual self cranked up to eleven (as he did in the WWF/WWE), but I do think he, ahem, knows his role, and also plays it well with fruitful results.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
You never heard of a movie that made half a billion dollars and won an Oscar. Perhaps those movies aren't bad, your taste is just in your mouth.

That's not very nice. It's the sort of thing abusive lil 13 year olds say when someone has different taste/ I never knewit made a billion dollars or won an oscar, and Ive never seen it.

Larry, Dwayne is the current highest earner in hollywood. He comes across as a super nice guy in the real world, he has a lovely smile amongst other things, and his movies are fun. I doubt he cares if he has a crappy resume because: top earner, man, and all the chicks love him, me included. Even my man hating feminsit sister wants to marry him.I just think he's lovely. The Other Guys is freaking hysterical. Especially when he and Samuel jump out the window. Say no more.

That's not very nice. It's the sort of thing abusive lil 13 year olds say when someone has different taste/ I never knewit made a billion dollars or won an oscar, and Ive never seen it.
It's something my grandfather always used to say to my grandmother. I think it's a cute little dig...

I could say making sweeping generalized statements after watching Jumanji and not loving it is silly and myopic. And that Dwayne Johnson has demonstrated over the course of his career a versatility matched by no other living actor, depending on what value you put on professional wrestling. And that Larry needs to stop moving the goal posts around because he's turning himself into knots to justify this silly thread.

Would that make you feel better?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
It's something my grandfather always used to say to my grandmother. I think it's a cute little dig...

I could say making sweeping generalized statements after watching Jumanji and not loving it is silly and myopic. And that Dwayne Johnson has demonstrated over the course of his career a versatility matched by no other living actor, depending on what value you put on professional wrestling. And that Larry needs to stop moving the goal posts around because he's turning himself into knots to justify this silly thread.

Would that make you feel better?
yeah that's cool. Not here to start an argy bargy. I like your posts. I also like my mate larry, but Im sorry, I'm in love with Dwayne. I rewatchhis movies a lot because they're just popcorn fun and make me feel happy. Jumanji, even with Dwayne I'm not sure i want to see it. The first was it for me and I'm still hurting Robin killed himself.

I rewatchhis movies a lot because they're just popcorn fun and make me feel happy.
I know that feeling .

I'm still hurting Robin killed himself.
That was a bad year – we lost Rik Mayall as well. I like to think of him sitting in his living armchair in Grim Tales, swiping its hands away when it's trying to pinch his sweets .

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Ok so Adam sandler is a good one. Surely Chevy chase cant qualify being in comedy classics. Demi Moore- ghost. Bruce Willis no idea why he’s mentioned - die hard. I’ll look at the others in time. But of the names I know.....they’ve all been in better movies than the rock except maybe sandler but I personally love happy Gilmore and billy Madison.
Adam Sandler's resume is awful. But, in his defense, Reign Over Me and Funny People are both performances better than anything I've ever seen Dwayne Johnson do. Some people also really stand by Punch Drunk Love. I do not. I also hear The MeyorotwizxsadsaddsatzsfDSF Stories is a good film.