Yep. Just checked.

Lowest IMDb scores so far...

Spring Breakers = 5.3
It Follows = 6.8
The Witch = 6.9
The Cabin in the Woods = 7.0
(T) Certified Copy = 7.2
(T) Anomalisa = 7.2

Interesting that most of those are for horror films, a genre often looked down upon.

Highest IMDb scores so far...

Avengers: Endgame = 8.4
(T) Toy Story 3 = 8.3
(T) A Separation = 8.3
1917 = 8.2
(T) The Handmaiden = 8.1
(T) Room = 8.1
(T) World of Tomorrow = 8.1

Well, at least the highest and lowest rated movies were met with equal levels of disdain around here.

Finally someone gets it.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

My guesses were already taken as well (Enemy and The Raid 2. Us would have been the secondary guess behind Enemy).

I'll try to think if I can come up with something else, but not currently thinking of any other alternatives.

I forgot the opening line.
Okay, I thought it was reasonable to skip a day because I've got Covid and my reactions to the reveals at the moment is either "What the hell?" or "What is that?" Don't get me wrong though - I love unpredictable countdowns. If nothing else, they give me new movies to look forward to watching.

80. The Handmaiden - No idea about this film, and after thinking I'd pretty much know and have seen most of the films revealed here I have 3 of the last 6 reveals that are films I don't really know about. Going by Letterboxd, this looks superb.

79. Avengers : Endgame - I've just seen The Avengers for the first time and I'm underway on 'Phase 2' of the Marvel Cinematic Universe - so I'll be getting to this entry in due time.

78. The King's Speech - The one film I've seen out of these four, and one I briefly considered for my ballot. It would have a good shot of being in my top 50 and a certainty for my top 100 of the decade. I went to see this before the Oscars and loved it, so I cheered all the way when it was announced Best Picture winner - even though today I think The Social Network, Black Swan and the Coen Bros' version of True Grit probably edge it out as far as personal preferences go. I don't mind a film winning if I at least like it quite a bit. An interesting true story that goes places that most of us know absolutely nothing about, which is what made the film so compelling at the time. Colin Firth is terrific in this - a really magnificent performance as the stuttering and stammering King George VI, and when I saw the film had Derek Jacobi in it's cast it went up another level for me - I mean, the guy who played the stuttering and stammering Claudius is in this? Perfect. I've always meant to read the book, but have never gotten around to it. Tom Hooper would go on to shoot himself in the foot by directing Cats - but he's an Oscar winner now, and we've yet to start taking them away from people.

77. Spring Breakers - I haven't heard of this film, and it doesn't look like the kind of film which would make a Top 100 of the Decade list, so I'm hoping that some explanation from the people who voted for it is waiting for me when I catch up with reading this thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seen 17/24
Films on my radar : 2
Films I've never even heard about : 5

#93 - My #15 - It Follows (2014)
#96 - My #1 - Hereditary (2018)

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
King’s Speech isn’t something that interests me but I suppose I should see it some day.

I fail to understand what is so special about Spring Breakers, outside of Franco’s performance as Alien, who isn’t even in the movie that much from what I remember.
Agreed. I liked it quite a bit and thought it was well done, as mentioned earlier, it didn't make my top 25. In fact in reviewing the top films of 2010, I'd put Meek's Cutoff, 127 Hours, I Saw the Devil, True Grit, Blue Valentine, Winter's Bone, and Cave of Forgotten Dreams all ahead of The King's Speech and that's just from one year AND I haven't even seen The Social Network, Biutiful, Black Swan, or Animal Kingdom yet. I did see Inception from 2010 in the movie theater, but that was one film where, while I expect it to probably make the top 25 if not the top 10 on the list here, is a film that I did not really enjoy much as Chris Nolan is a director who has been very average to me since his first Batman Begins came out.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Yep. Just checked.

Lowest IMDb scores so far...

Spring Breakers = 5.3
It Follows = 6.8
The Witch = 6.9
The Cabin in the Woods = 7.0
(T) Certified Copy = 7.2
(T) Anomalisa = 7.2

Interesting that most of those are for horror films, a genre often looked down upon.
Yep. I don't really go much for the IMDB ratings or Rotten Tomatoes. Generally I use mrqe.com to search a handful of reviews and if a film looks interesting I'll seek it out.

I had The Witch at my number 10 spot, but what is strange is that I had no one vote only selections AND The Witch is the only film of mine so far that has appeared, but I have a feeling I'm going to have a ton of my picks show up in the middle road range between 70-30. I thought The Witch was soooo great, largely because I didn't watch it as a horror film and watched it almost cold - seeing and reading only the Netflix or Amazon description of the film and thinking it sounded interesting. At the time I had never heard of Eggers either, who after watching The Lighthouse and The Northman is definitely one of those directors like Roman Polanski or Dario Argento who will elevate basic horror films and premises into something truly special. Horror is my least favorite genre, so to stumble upon The Witch was wonderful as I thought it was truly something unique and special because of the emotions it provokes in the viewer and not because of jump scares either.

There's one other horror film on my top 25, but it hasn't shown up on the list... yet, but it will.

As someone who really loves oratory and believes in its power, I have a soft spot for The King's Speech...but all that really does is raise it from "utterly forgettable" to "a pretty good, simple story, well told." I may or may not watch it a second time some day, which all by itself is pretty damning for a Best Picture winner.
Same! I'm going to take a shot in the dark and without knowing the answer to this, guess we have the same favorite musical of all time. Yeah, you know the one! Wouldn't that be loverly!

Okay, I thought it was reasonable to skip a day because I've got Covid and my reactions to the reveals at the moment is either "What the hell?" or "What is that?" Don't get me wrong though - I love unpredictable countdowns. If nothing else, they give me new movies to look forward to watching.
Get well soon

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I saw The King's Speech a few years ago because it was one of my mother's favorite movies and she recommended it to me, and I liked it, but not enough to consider it for my list.

I haven't seen Spring Breakers, and I doubt that it's my type of movie.

Maybe The Social Network (2010) for #76.
I thought that too, but it’s waaay too early for The Social Network, which I imagine will make the top 10, if not the top five.

Bonus faildictions:
76. Spotlight
75. Deadpool 2

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Btw, just as a heads-up, I'm going to be a bit late posting the films today.
Define a bit. Before or after 10AM central time? Just wondering if I will know before my crazy third shift bedtime.