The Videogames Tab

Tools    

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
I never read the running on pc articles, but I looked and saw mention of ps emulator.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Best you could do on PC is running 4 with PCSX2. I don't think Atlus have any sort of presence on PC.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Can anybody translate the Scorpio specs into plainspeak?

I see the comparisons, but I have no clue how big a jump it is. They say it ran a Forza demo at 4k in 60fps...but, I don't know how impressed I should be.

Fallout: New Vegas freakin' ROCKS! I'm almost done with the DLC. Fallout 4 is in my future but I need to get through Mass Effect Andromeda first.
What are your thoughts on Andromeda so far?

Chief cook and bottlewasher
What are your thoughts on Andromeda so far?
I'd give it a solid 7.5/10. The animation is a tad hinky and there are a couple of boss fights that are WAY overpowered but all in all, I'm having fun with it. I like the story and the Krogan is hysterical. There is plenty of content and mini games disguised as quests

My 15 year old was watching me play last night. He asked me if I was having fun because I was in the middle of dog cussing the game because boss fight. I told him that I loved the game, despite my colorful language. I've been in beta for enough MMOs to know within a couple of hours whether or not I'll like a game.

The animation is a tad hinky and there are a couple of boss fights that are WAY overpowered but all in all, I'm having fun with it.
Which boss fights? I found the game to be pretty easy and am thinking about going through again on Insanity (not right away though).

The only fight I thought was a bit tough wasn't due of the boss itself, but because it takes place in a Cold level 2 hazard.

WARNING: "Potential boss spoilers?" spoilers below
That would be the Architect on Voeld.

Can anybody translate the Scorpio specs into plainspeak?

I see the comparisons, but I have no clue how big a jump it is. They say it ran a Forza demo at 4k in 60fps...but, I don't know how impressed I should be.
The specs indicate that it's a bigger jump from the original model than the Pro was from the PS4, and I'm happy with my Pro, but until there's some real world tests we can never be sure just how much of a jump it is.

Which boss fights? I found the game to be pretty easy and am thinking about going through again on Insanity (not right away though).

The only fight I thought was a bit tough wasn't due of the boss itself, but because it takes place in a Cold level 2 hazard.

I hate those rembots with the double turrets.

The boss you mentioned was a massive PITA. I run through a fight several times and just before I chuck my computer across the room, I'll ramp down a level or close out for a bit.

@coffeegod I agree, at least the gameplay is fun. I'd give it a solid 6. The Krogan seem to be a general favorite with all the Mass Effect games and rightly so.

Recently I've been battling more glitches than bosses. Yesterday I had a weird one with the Nomad. I was in the middle of settling on Voeld and suddenly my Nomad is shot into the air and out of view. I eventually found it on the other side of some hill.

I saved the game and called it a day right after finding it, ha. I'll be battling him today.

I hate those rembots with the double turrets.

The boss you mentioned was a massive PITA. I run through a fight several times and just before I chuck my computer across the room, I'll ramp down a level or close out for a bit.
It only took me one try, but it was a bit touch-and-go for awhile, since life support doesn't last long in a level 2 environmental hazard, and those Backup Life Support items I had been stocking up on had little to no impact. Whenever the bar would get low, I'd run flat out towards one of the nearby Kett facilities since being inside those counts as safe, and would restore my life support.

The two-turret Remnants (I think they were called Destroyers?) can drain your shields and HP fast, but if you focus on taking out one turret first, then the other, the thing is practically useless since it's chest beam attack takes forever to charge and you can easy move out of the way.

What class you play as, what skills you're using, and your teammates might affect how difficult the game is for you. I played as an Infiltrator who ran Incinerate, Energy Drain, and Barricade. Basically only used a sniper rifle, but I had an assault rifle on hand as well for the bullet-sponge-like wildlife. I always ran Drack and Peebee, though I'd replace Peebee with characters I needed for story-reasons (like the Loyal Missions, etc).

It only took me one try, but it was a bit touch-and-go for awhile, since life support doesn't last long in a level 2 environmental hazard, and those Backup Life Support items I had been stocking up on had little to no impact. Whenever the bar would get low, I'd run flat out towards one of the nearby Kett facilities since being inside those counts as safe, and would restore my life support.

The two-turret Remnants (I think they were called Destroyers?) can drain your shields and HP fast, but if you focus on taking out one turret first, then the other, the thing is practically useless since it's chest beam attack takes forever to charge and you can easy move out of the way.

What class you play as, what skills you're using, and your teammates might affect how difficult the game is for you. I played as an Infiltrator who ran Incinerate, Energy Drain, and Barricade. Basically only used a sniper rifle, but I had an assault rifle on hand as well for the bullet-sponge-like wildlife. I always ran Drack and Peebee, though I'd replace Peebee with characters I needed for story-reasons (like the Loyal Missions, etc).
I usually roll with the krogan. The guy that voiced him must have had a blast whilst recording. I'm a straight up gun jockey in love with pull (I lean towards the Leroy Jenkins school of gaming). I did finally learn to snipe the turrets off those destroyers. There isn't much to them afterwards.

(like the Loyal Missions, etc).
Did you manage to sort out those unlocked achievements?

Did you manage to sort out those unlocked achievements?
No, I'm still missing the 2 loyalty mission achievements, and the two final story ones. I did however notice that when you go through the auto-save files, there's one for each chapter and each loyalty mission.

So if these achievements don't fix themselves with the next patch, my plan is to replay the end of the story (I have manual saves before and after it), then reload the most recent loyalty mission I'm missing to replay it, then reload the older loyalty mission. I don't want to reload the oldest one first and then be unable to reload the later files if it gets overwritten. I'll still have my manual save from the endgame for whenever I want to finish up those last few fetch quests, and to go into any DLC with.

No, I'm still missing the 2 loyalty mission achievements, and the two final story ones. I did however notice that when you go through the auto-save files, there's one for each chapter and each loyalty mission.

So if these achievements don't fix themselves with the next patch, my plan is to replay the end of the story (I have manual saves before and after it), then reload the most recent loyalty mission I'm missing to replay it, then reload the older loyalty mission. I don't want to reload the oldest one first and then be unable to reload the later files if it gets overwritten. I'll still have my manual save from the endgame for whenever I want to finish up those last few fetch quests, and to go into any DLC with.
I looked it up and a lot of people are experiencing the same glitch. Which characters were the loyalty missions for? Drack's mission seems to be the most problematic one.

Which characters were the loyalty missions for? Drack's mission seems to be the most problematic one.
They were for Cora and Vetra.

During Cora's loyalty mission I got the "helmet always on" glitch, but didn't think anything of it until we got back to the Tempest and my casually dressed Ryder still sounded like he was wearing a helmet. A save and reload fixed that, but I think it may have interfered with the achievement.

Not sure what happened with Vetra's. I know I did the two missions back-to-back, but I don't recall if I did Cora's or Vetra's first. If it was Cora's, perhaps that bug prevented Vetra's from unlocking as well. A day later I received some combat-related achievements, and since then all the other Loyalty and Story achievements were unlocking (until the final two that is).

They were for Cora and Vetra.

During Cora's loyalty mission I got the "helmet always on" glitch, but didn't think anything of it until we got back to the Tempest and my casually dressed Ryder still sounded like he was wearing a helmet. A save and reload fixed that, but I think it may have interfered with the achievement.

Not sure what happened with Vetra's. I know I did the two missions back-to-back, but I don't recall if I did Cora's or Vetra's first. If it was Cora's, perhaps that bug prevented Vetra's from unlocking as well. A day later I received some combat-related achievements, and since then all the other Loyalty and Story achievements were unlocking (until the final two that is).
Yeah, they have a lot of issues to fix. At least this particular glitch doesn't really interfere with the actual gaming aspect. But I'll be sure to keep a lookout for that Cora glitch, though.

Persona 5 is proving very good so far. I'm about 10 hours in and only now do I have access to the game's full array of features. Wish I could post a few screenies or even a hilarious video clip but the game blocks any recording from the PS4's internal apps.

Spoilers are inherently illegal, then, so here's a boring old trailer.

This game has styyyyyle, and so committed am I to riding the zeitgeist train that I've set NieR and Horizon to one side until I'm done. Some time in the early summer, probably...

In other news, Parappa The Rapper hasn't aged at all well. I'm sad at this.