Top Horror Movie Moments and Scenes

Tools    

Let's discuss the most iconic and most copied moments in horror movies.

Chief cook and bottlewasher
That f@#$*&% clown grabbing the kid in Poltergeist is one of the penultimate gotcha moments.

I hate the spiderwalk
Me too - really kills the ankles doesn't it

I don't actually wear pants.
I notice you failed to begin our conversation. Shouldn't the OP participate first?

Oh, well, I'll post anyway. One per film!

I especially dig...
  1. Leatherface's first kill in Texas Chain Saw Massacre (it gets the film going in its main direction)
  2. The reveal in Hitchcock's Psycho.
  3. The investigation into what the music video really is in White: Melody of the Curse.
  4. When the actress does the Kujitaba (or something like that - I can't really remember what the cult is called) ritual in Noroi: The Curse.
  5. In Return of Godzilla when Godzilla rampages through a town to the nuclear power plant.

If I were to pick one moment, it'd be the deadly video from "The Ring."

If I were to pick one moment, it'd be the deadly video from "The Ring."
If that's from the remake then I'm there. I think it's the first depiction of what happens to the victims that made me jump like hell.

My top one is the chestburster scene in Alien. What with Covenant about to hit it reminds me that John Hurt contributed about 60% of what makes the scene so convincing, without the need for CGI or much make-up or effects. Actually, people don't usually talk about Ian Holm in parallel, and in the film Ash's malfunction scene is a worthy second.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
My top one is the chestburster scene in Alien. What with Covenant about to hit it reminds me that John Hurt contributed about 60% of what makes the scene so convincing, without the need for CGI or much make-up or effects. Actually, people don't usually talk about Ian Holm in parallel, and in the film Ash's malfunction scene is a worthy second.
Yes to both of those.

I haven't got anything for now, but I'd like to say that Blix, you posted something I've never seen but I can see what you're talking about with the influence to the first Friday the 13th movie. I really liked the crunch when the cleaver/axe hit the guy...it had a bone-crunching sound that was really effective. I wonder what the foley artist used to achieve that? Celery?

probably the most haunting is the excorcist 3 nurse scene in the hospital