Community

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
It seems this thread was moved to the General Movie Discussion section????

Anyways, deeply saddened to hear about the cancellation. One of the only true funny shows that was still on tv.

It seems this year is brutal for shows, everything is getting cancelled left right and centre. The only shows people seem to care about are reality shows, cop procedurals and Crappy Bang Theory.

Suspect's Reviews

I am the Watcher in the Night
Yep Suspect, can't believe BBT is still on TV, how????? Seriously...how?????????

Sheldon is the only funny character when I watch the show once in a while but it's just so lame and the supposed genius' have zero intelligence.

Back to Community, I've heard Netflix and other services are not picking it up, which surprises me. But surely the tv network, was it NBC? can green light a feature length episode.

Every time I scour internet forums, people seem to love this show, why didn't it have a big enough audience in the US?

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

Sad to hear but i pretty much agree with Watchtower. The last season wasn't great, there was a few good episodes like the one with Walton Goggins after Pierce died, no doubt it was going downhill though. Hopefully people who've not seen it will give it a try before submitting their tv list.

A bit off topic, but i recently read a Cracked article that mentioned Communitys hidden jokes. I noticed this one where Abed delivers a baby in the background during an episode.

I didn't notice this Beetlejuice joke that was apparently done across 3 seasons. If you didn't notice after Annie says the third Beetlejuice, he walks by in the background.

And this one was pretty much impossible to spot, with Abed as an extra on another show that wasn't even on the same channel as Community. It doesn't show you the initial scene where Abed mentions being an extra on Community.

Every time I scour internet forums, people seem to love this show, why didn't it have a big enough audience in the US?
It aired at 8pm on thursday. The main audience is either in class, at their job, or was actually watching, while anyone else who could've been "well I'll watch it because it's on" was watching Big Bang Theory which played at the same time. NBC was pretty dumb to put it in that time slot, completely ignoring that the online streaming from their website equalled or surpassed the airing audience. If you combine those numbers you have around 7 million.

It aired at 8pm on thursday. The main audience is either in class, at their job, or was actually watching, while anyone else who could've been "well I'll watch it because it's on" was watching Big Bang Theory which played at the same time. NBC was pretty dumb to put it in that time slot, completely ignoring that the online streaming from their website equalled or surpassed the airing audience. If you combine those numbers you have around 7 million.
in class at 8pm?

and yeah 7 million is pretty awesome but I guess tv networks want people watching it on their channels, what with advertising revenue etc.

Sad to hear but i pretty much agree with Watchtower. The last season wasn't great, there was a few good episodes like the one with Walton Goggins after Pierce died, no doubt it was going downhill though. Hopefully people who've not seen it will give it a try before submitting their tv list.

A bit off topic, but i recently read a Cracked article that mentioned Communitys hidden jokes. I noticed this one where Abed delivers a baby in the background during an episode.

I didn't notice this Beetlejuice joke that was apparently done across 3 seasons. If you didn't notice after Annie says the third Beetlejuice, he walks by in the background.

And this one was pretty much impossible to spot, with Abed as an extra on another show that wasn't even on the same channel as Community. It doesn't show you the initial scene where Abed mentions being an extra on Community.

Man I never noticed those jokes! that's frickin awesome, so much detail, btw was Abed actually in an episode of Cougar Town?

I'll miss this smart comedy very much. And I'll miss this lady a lot!

No image "hot-linking" huh? Let's try this one!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Man I never noticed those jokes! that's frickin awesome, so much detail, btw was Abed actually in an episode of Cougar Town?
He talks about being on the set of Cougar Town to Jeff in the My Dinner with Andre spoof episode.

So yeah, Yahoo's getting into the original programming business. It's called "Yahoo! Screen." And it's trending on Twitter, which is probably exactly why they did this. I'll bet it's a pretty iffy economics choice, but worthwhile when you consider that a whole lot of people who had no idea Yahoo! Screen existed now will.

I have to return some videotapes.
First 2 seasons were the bomb... 3rd season was god awful and stopped watching after the first few episodes in season 4.

First 2 seasons were the bomb... 3rd season was god awful and stopped watching after the first few episodes in season 4.
Yeah, the original creator Dan Harmon was fired during season 4, but came back for five. That's why they call it the "gas leak year"

Believe he was fired before season 4, IE: had nothing to do with any part of it.

Anyway, surprised to meet someone who loved the first two seasons but hated the 3rd, which had arguably the best episode of the entire series ("Remedial Chaos Theory") and, just the week before that one, "Geography of Global Conflict."

If this past season was indeed the last, I'd be okay with that. They've explored a lot of the themes I think they wanted to, and it would seem pretty poetic to literally finish with #sixseasonsandamovie. That said, I have total confidence that a seventh season, even with a lot of cast turnover, would be one of the better comedies in existence, so I'll keep watching either way. But I'm not at the point where I'm desperate for more, the way I was the last few years. If this is how they go out, it was a good ending to a great run.