A Song of Ice and Fire (SPOILERS)

Tools    

In the Beginning...
I didn't. But then my history isn't that deep! I think it was just Martin seemed to be giving him prominence than a sex object for Dany needs.
Daario definitely seems to have genuine affections for Dany, and is not at all happy when she spurns him. But I sorta felt like he was included as a contrast to all the various self-styled suitors who have vyed for Dany's hand in marriage in exchange for her power (and her dragons).

Those men were wealthy, refined (sort of), socially and politically powerful, and at least superficially noble, yet their affections were false. Daario is none of those things—the very epitome of a rough-and-rowdy sellsword—yet he's more genuine with her and about her than any of them. It's definitely a nice contrast and makes Daario seem pretty cool, but methinks his importance may end there. I can see him getting killed off pretty easily with little more impact than some heartfelt cheesy death scene in her arms.

Well, unless you consider the Mummer in that to be Varys, then Aegon/Flaegon is his dragon. It could be a double bluff though. As I said, i'm 50/50 and i'm not sure there's enough to prove one way or the other as of yet. The Septa, though, there's a secret there.
Interesting point about Varys and Aegon you make there. I hadn’t thought of that. As for the septa (Lemore, I assume), I don’t think my brain can even handle any speculation about her. I never once thought she was important or that she’s hiding some hidden secret.

I guess other folks have a higher threshold for this kind of stuff, but when the speculation plane in my head starts spinning wildly out of control, I shut down. It’s definitely fun to speculate on the most immediate mysteries and cliffhangers in the book, but at some point down the rabbit hole I really start to lose interest. I think a lot of these theories that I’ve read are just examples of ghost chasing, honestly. At some point, you just have to relax and continue waiting for the next book.

I think the reason I might be thinking Daario is maybe because I agree with you. Those 3 would be the obvious heads but the JS is the other side of the Sea to actually fly the Dragon across. I kind of feel they'd get the Heads before coming to Westeros. Just don't see Selmy and Jorah in those roles. The other option is Tyrion, whether you credit the Mad King fathering him or not. I do like the poetry of him turning out to be the Knight Sansa always wished to marry. I see his climax in a triangle with LF and her.
Similar sentiment here. I really think the Mad King fathering Tyrion is a huge stretch. People forget that even in this medieval world that Martin has created, news still travels fast and rumors tend to take root (even when they're wrong). The simple fact that Cersei and Jamie’s incest is known, as are Robert’s exploits with women, means you’d think Tyrion’s true birthright would be in open question if there was something there... especially since we’re talking about the Mad King, who (like any king) can’t do anything without the whole world (or at least somebody) knowing about it. This would also assume that (a) Tywin Lannister is a moron, which he unquestionably isn’t, or (b) he lied and accepted Tyrion as his own, which is HIGHLY unlikely given Tywin's very deep disgust for him.

As for the three dragon heads, I’m just waiting until Martin gives us another book. The clues we’ve been given so far are too vague to sort out and, when it comes down to it, I’d rather experience the reveal on my own than wrack my brain trying to figure it out with nothing to go on.

Nice summary of Daario, I can dig that. Makes as much sense. Wonder who'd win out of him and Victarion.

Oh it's alluded to about the Mad King and Tywin's wife. Think the phrase was 'took certain liberties in the bedding ritual' which may just have been taken and blown out of proportion.

Septa Lemore is definitely a false identity, much of Tyrion's thoughts on suggest as much. Dyed hair, stretch marks etc - i think they were some points he considers and goes to say isn't who she seems.

I am the Watcher in the Night
On the point about Lemore, she may not be a particularly keep character but I do think we will get a better idea of who she really is/was. Tyrion pretty much figured out she wasn't a real septa, or at least hadn't always been one.

What I would really like to know is how will Martin resolve the whole Cersei/Margeary situation? It's one of the three main story lines in the last few books (in my mind anyway).

The other 2 main story points being Dany, Aegon, Stannis and the conflict up North and how that's linked to the lands across the sea.

The final main story aspect is of course Jon, his mother, how that fits in to the history of the 7 Kingdoms and how will his part be influential in helping make a King.

Jim Broadbent or Brendan Gleeson for Mace. Would be perfect casting.

I also hope they nail the Red Viper casting. I have nobody in particular in mind, but I believe in Nina Gold & crew. I also believe Dorne will be a random mix of Spanish, Middle Eastern, and other darker skinned ethnicities.

In the Beginning...
Jim Broadbent or Brendan Gleeson for Mace. Would be perfect casting.
I pictured Hugh Bonneville from Downton Abbey. I still think he'd be great, but he's not likely to be cast since he's already on that show. I like Brendan Gleeson a lot, too.

I also hope they nail the Red Viper casting. I have nobody in particular in mind, but I believe in Nina Gold & crew. I also believe Dorne will be a random mix of Spanish, Middle Eastern, and other darker skinned ethnicities.
I've seen a lot of people throw Oded Fehr around for Oberyn. Seems a little too "easy" to me, and the guy's really not a great (or particularly charismatic) actor. I've also heard Alexander Siddig, who was awesome in Kingdom of Heaven but I just can't get his squirrel-ish Dr. Julian Bashir from Star Trek: DS9 out of my head.

I'm not sold on him, but I'm leaning toward Pierfrancesco Favino. I don't know if he can pull off Oberyn's wily, dangerous nature, but he's a great and likeable actor and he certainly looks the part as much as anybody.

In the Beginning...
So I've been perplexed by something recently that I can't really rectify with the theories that are out there.

Ser Robert Strong.

Obviously, he's Gregor Clegane. And obviously he's undergone some level of physiological modification at the hands of Qyburn, and is possibly even the re-animated corpse of Ser Gregor (if the man did, indeed, die from the Red Viper's poison).

What I want to know, though (and it's admittedly a small and probably unimportant detail), is if the skull sent to Dorne actually belonged to Ser Gregor. Most readers seem to accept that it is, given its unusually large size. But I think I recall a scene following the Battle of the Blackwater where Tywin Lannister is considering giving the Mountain over to Dorne, but then chooses not to because he's simply too valuable. He remarks that the fat old High Septon—who was killed during the riot in King's Landing after Myrcella was seen off—also had an unusually large head, and probably a large skull to go with it.

It's always been my assumption that despite Ser Gregor's condition after his fight with Oberyn Martell (and despite the death of Tywin), the skull that Doran Martell receives is actually the Septon's skull. Does anyone else believe this, or remember the scene to which I'm referring?

The thing that's throwing me is the evidence that theorists found in one of Bran's dreams way back in the first book:

There were shadows all around them. One Shadow was dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them loomed a Giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood.
He's obviously seeing Sandor Clegane (the ashen shadow with a hound's face) and Jaime Lannister (the golden-armored shadow), and it's fair to assume that Gregor Clegane is the "Giant in armor made of stone." The note about what's inside his visor could be figurative—that there's simply no good in the man—but taken literally, it could also mean that he's headless and filled with the fully-coagulated black blood of a corpse.

So it's very possible that Clegane's skull was given to Dorne, and that Robert Strong is a walking headless zombie.

Thoughts?

My only points have already been swept up in your post.

I think a headless zombie would weaken Sandor's vengeance so hope not