Hollywood's Biggest Drunks That Had Talent

Tools    

Ollie Reed is rumoured to have enjoyed the odd tipple or thirty-two on occasion (only on days with a 'y' in them I've been told).

You can't win an argument just by being right!
All that matters to me is what they bring to a film. What they do in their own time is their business.

He was a recovering heroin addict that hit the skids. Vale Mr Hoffman. Utterly tragic.

Drinker too. Seems The Master sunk him again.
I'm still gutted by his death. I loved that guy.

Ollie Reed is rumoured to have enjoyed the odd tipple or thirty-two on occasion (only on days with a 'y' in them I've been told).
I absolutely love Oliver Reed in the The Three Musketeers and its sequels. I can't pretend to have seen a lot of his films but it's the best character I've ever seen him play.

Anthony Hopkins, although I think he'd got past the problem early into his time in the States.

Gary Oldman.

Oh god that's sad. I just looked him up; had no idea.

Oh god that's sad. I just looked him up; had no idea.
So did I – the 45-year stretch was a lucky escape, and by extension Vietnam although he didn't see it that way.

So did I – the 45-year stretch was a lucky escape, and by extension Vietnam although he didn't see it that way.
Almost cried seeing current photos of him. Bloody hell, the stress of that business and what it does to some people who are there for our entertainment.

Almost cried seeing current photos of him. Bloody hell, the stress of that business and what it does to some people who are there for our entertainment.
I was shocked when I saw him recently in one of those round table interviews with actors such as Gary Oldman and Christopher Plummer – Plummer was obviously a fan of them both. Nolte had ballooned out a lot and was obviously in a bad way but he was really funny throughout.

Al Pacino.