I Saw "The Grinch"!

→ in
Tools    

The theatre was packed!

Myself, my mother, and my two younger sisters went to see it at 4PM, but shortly after getting in line, we were told the show had sold out. We bought tickets for the 7PM show for later and waited.

If you liked the way the movie looked from the previews, then you'll like what you see here. The movie is stretched out, as the original story was not long enough, of course. You see the Grinch as a child, and you see Cindy Loo quite a bit.

She's in places she wasn't before - but it's all necessary to make it into a movie. Carrey is goofy throughout the entire thing. You see more of the Who lifestyle, and their thoughts about The Grinch.

Don't come looking for a dead-on recreation of the cartoon - what it is is the cartoon brought to life with some comedy mixed in and the plot twisted around a bit to fill 2 hours.

Worth seeing for sure. I didn't actually REALLY laugh at any point, but that didn't bother me. I came to see it for the makeup, sets, chuckles here and there, and the experience on the whole of seeing a classic cartoon brought to life.

C'mon - anyone else see this? Want to? Going to see it because of my review? NOT going to see it because of my review? Want to throw up from my review? Spill it!

I actually heard this was a 'Wait till video' one... sorry Chris, can't help ya there!

Well, it certainly wasn't amazing - but the makeup was! The sets were good, too. It's the kind of movie I'll be buying on DVD at some point, partially just to say that I have it. Know what I mean?

Wow, it looks like The Grinch has already made over 100 million.

yeah, i went on thanskgiving, we picked up 7:50 tickets at 5:00 cause all other showings were sold out

Same thing happened to us! We went to the 4PM show and about 2 minutes after we got in line some guy (looked like the manager) told everyone that the show was sold out, however we were permitted to buy tickets THEN for the later show at 7PM, which we did, to make sure we go in.

We got there 10-15 minutes before the show started, and we STILL barely found 4 seats together!

And yeah, "The Grinch" has already made roughly $130 million I believe!

I have always respected Ron Howard as a director, but this film was a big misstep in his directorial career...long and rambling and it doesn't really stay true to its original source material. Jim Carrey seems to be working hard in the title role, but is so unrecognizable under all that makeup that it could be ANYONE under all that makeup. The film was a real chore for me to get through. JMO.