Angels in America

Tools    

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
The R1 DVD release of "Angels in America" has been pushed back to September 14th, 2004.
Thanks for that Pikie,

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by nebbit
Thanks for that Pikie,
Pikie? Pronounced Pi-Kee? Im sure a pikie is a travelling person who sets up home normally on rubbish tips and is of irish origin, very dirty and angry. Think Brad Pitt in Snatch. Dangerous things Pikie's....I do hope Holden hasnt droped one of them off around here....were all in trouble if he has....Keep an eye on ya wallets...

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Pikie? Pronounced Pi-Kee? Im sure a pikie is a travelling person who sets up home normally on rubbish tips and is of irish origin, very dirty and angry. Think Brad Pitt in Snatch. Dangerous things Pikie's....I do hope Holden hasnt droped one of them off around here....were all in trouble if he has....Keep an eye on ya wallets...

Lets put a smile on that block
I finally managed to see this the other day. Whilst in America i bought it on DVD and just havnt had the time to watch it properly. Then this weekend we had a massive storm so i started watching it Saturday night, and all throughout Sunday i watched the rest. It was utterly amazing.

It was certainly hard to get through in some parts, but by the end i was so moved and involved with it i just found it amazing. The scenes with the Angel were absoloutly breathtaking, and i was astounded by how magnificant Jeffrey Wright was. Actually everyone in it was superb. I cant really sum it up, im still reeling from it really. Its one of those great films were severe contemplation makes it better and better. One thing is for certain though, it is an absoloulty beautiful film.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I LOVED this film. I saw the plays some years back and was amazed. The entrance of the angel, in both the stage and film versions, is so truly awe-some, it's mind-blowing. And she's such a freak it's terrifying. lol Emma only hinted at the disturbing freakiness of the angel in the play. I reviewed this in my review thread. If you read it, prepare for superlatives.

It truly is an amazing piece of work, and it also has one of the nicest DVD cases I've ever seen. I shall be purchasing this someday.

Who's with me that this should get some sort of theatrical release? If only a limited one.