Men In Black 3

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im really looking forward to this now My son has just got into the first film and he loves it

ime sick off all these sequels and remakes cnt they get some new and original ideas for movies anymore.

Dark Knight is a sequel & The Departed is a remake, yet they made it to your list.
Many people might actually be excited to see a Men In Black sequel..

Sometimes the remakes & sequels are necessary to generate interest in the younger crowd.

In general, I think remakes are a bad idea. I also, in general, think making movies out of classic TV shows is a bad idea. There are instances of both that have worked exceptionally well, however.

Sequels are a different story. If you have characters people love and want to see more of, I have no problem with you continuing their stories. However, I hope that in continuing those stories you add something worthwhile to the mix, otherwise please don't bother. There are many examples of excellent sequels, and many examples of poor sequels. I enjoyed the first two MIB films, so I'm willing to give a third a look.

True, though, there are almost no new ideas in Hollywood anymore. Any that look like it were probably taken from a foreign film or a comic book.

In general, I think remakes are a bad idea. I also, in general, think making movies out of classic TV shows is a bad idea. There are instances of both that have worked exceptionally well, however.

Sequels are a different story. If you have characters people love and want to see more of, I have no problem with you continuing their stories. However, I hope that in continuing those stories you add something worthwhile to the mix, otherwise please don't bother. There are many examples of excellent sequels, and many examples of poor sequels. I enjoyed the first two MIB films, so I'm willing to give a third a look.

True, though, there are almost no new ideas in Hollywood anymore. Any that look like it were probably taken from a foreign film or a comic book.
couldnt of put it better myself.

couldnt of put it better myself.
Ofcourse you couldn't have, coz unlike you, mike isn''t expressing total displeasure for remakes. he is clearly expressing his views on why remakes are a bad idea.

Inspite of having these remakes on your Top 100:
King Kong, Man on Fire, Batman Begins, The Departed, Scarface, Heat.
You have also picked a remake & a sequel as best of the year, & then you go ahead & make a statement like this:

ime sick off all these sequels and remakes cnt they get some new and original ideas for movies anymore.
You can't get away by supporting someone else's statements & ignoring the justification of your own.

Back to the point, sometimes remakes are necassary.. I know tons of people who wont watch movies with subtitles or which are dubbed... but after watching The Departed they have gone to see Infernal Affairs anyway.

TV Show remakes have always been a bad idea, not unless it's cleverly adapted into continuity like JJ Abrams did with Star Trek.. which was a brilliant idea.
So anything be it a remake or sequel can work if it's written & directed well.. Else, we would never have had better Batman films.

but i didnt say they wern't any good one's. Men in Black was great but men in black 2 sucked, so why bother making a third. 2010 has been a bad year for movies because there was no original or new ideas we got a load of awful remakes and sequels.

Clash of the Titans
A Nightmare on elm street
Iron man 2
Karate Kid
A-team
step up 3d
Piranha 3d

just to name a few. I Aint saying there a bad idea all together, ime just saying there mostley done for the money now.

I agree 2010 has been full of remakes, but you didn't exactly specify a year. You just stated by saying that you are sick of it.

Both the MIB movies weren't all that great, but both of them were on similar levels.
It would be great if they could make some improvement & introduce new ideas into the franchise. MIB is quite a successful franchise, considering it's adapted from a virtually unknown comic.

About 2010, didn't we have Inception, How to train your dragon, Shutter Island, Scott Pilgrim, THe Social Network, The Town..

If there's nothing good around, there's always good foreign films or gems from the past that are worth watching.
I can see from your movie lists that you have so many good movies yet to watch.
Why crib when there are so many good films out there yet to be seen.

but i didnt say they wern't any good one's. Men in Black was great but men in black 2 sucked, so why bother making a third. 2010 has been a bad year for movies because there was no original or new ideas we got a load of awful remakes and sequels.

Clash of the Titans
A Nightmare on elm street
Iron man 2
Karate Kid
A-team
step up 3d
Piranha 3d

just to name a few. I Aint saying there a bad idea all together, ime just saying there mostley done for the money now.
Yeah I agree.I onley like the orginal MIB.With movies,its almost like how music is now.So much has been done,its hard to comeup with somthing original & unique anymore when it comes to somthing new.

Sometimes the remakes & sequels are necessary to generate interest in the younger crowd.
This is exactly why Hollywood continually churns out remakes and sequels. For example, in LuDiNaToR's own DVD collection he has numerous sequels:

matrix 1, 2 ,3
die hard 1, 2 ,3 ,4
lethal weapon 1, 2 ,3 ,4
fast and furious 1 ,2 ,3 ,4
(to name a few)
and numerous remakes with no signs of the originals anywhere:

mr deeds
oceans 11
miami vice
war of the worlds
i spy
king kong
(again, to name a few)
I'm not knocking his collection or taste in film, I'm just saying that he seems to be one of the people all the remakes and sequels are produced for in the first place.

i do have alot but most of them moivies i never went to the cinema to see. i love going to the cinema but 2010 i never really bothered that much because of all the remakes and sequels with most of them just getting a 3D on the end.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I am excited about this I am a fan of The Men in Black movies, they are always good for a laugh.
From Killerfilm.com

Men in Black III gets bigger

Sep 12, 2011

Sony has announced today that their upcoming sequel Men in Black III will see an IMAX 3D release when it comes out on May 25th, 2012.
IMAX Corporation and Sony Pictures Entertainment today announced that the action comedy Men in Black III will be released to IMAX theatres simultaneously with the film’s worldwide release on May 25, 2012. Directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, Men in Black III is the first in the franchise to be released in IMAX.
President of Worldwide Distribution for Sony Pictures Releasing Roy Bruer shared his enthusiasm with the announcement saying, “Releasing a film in IMAX 3D signals an event release, and Men in Black III on Memorial Day weekend certainly qualifies in a big way. We couldn’t be more excited about how MIB 3 will look and sound in IMAX theatres”. Echoing the excitement was IMAX Filmed Entertainment Chairmen and President Greg Foster saying, “Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones and Barry Sonnenfeld have made the Men in Black franchise a fan favorite and we’re excited to feature the return of this iconic title in IMAX. “Men in Black III is another strong addition to our 2012 film slate and we’re looking forward to continuing to work with the talented team at Sony Pictures.”

Movie Critic
Worst Movie of the men in black series

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Ha Ha what the hell, the man/lady is going to be in the new MIB.

From Killerfilm.com
Lady Gaga in Men In Black 3D?
Feb 26, 2012

Many already make lame “Lady Gaga looks like an alien” jokes now, but they could be coming true. Well, at least for Men In Black 3D. Actor Will Smith was interviewed by ElCorilloRD, and mentioned that we could see a cameo by Lady Gaga. “We have a couple of celebrity cameos, but I think I can not reveal who they are. We must keep as a surprise that Lady Gaga appears,” he said. Could he have been joking? Perhaps, but we did get an awesome cameo by Michael Jackson in the previous film, but that was mostly due to the Pop King being a fan of the first film. However, it’s not entirely impossible, and it would probably be the only thing that could get me interested in this film right now.

Makes sense to me. If the first Men in Black had been released a couple of years ago, she'd definitely have been one of the celebrities on the television screens in the MiB headquarters.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
After seeing the trailer for this im really looking forward to it and im also looking forward to taking my son to the cinema to see it as he is a big fan of the first 2 movies. He's 6 and shares my love for films

That's awesome N3wt! I can't wait till my son is old enough to take to the movies and I'm also looking forward to this, Will Smith has matured a lot more since the first MIB so this one should be pretty good.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
That's awesome N3wt! I can't wait till my son is old enough to take to the movies and I'm also looking forward to this, Will Smith has matured a lot more since the first MIB so this one should be pretty good.
It is awesome sharing your love of film with your children, my son is 6 nearly 7 and he has seen allot of films and he has my passion for them, hes even got his own collection of dvds in his room My daughter is a little young yet shes 3 but im sure she will follow in the love of films.

Its been awhile since Will Smith has come out with a movie so I'm definitely excited for MIBIII!