Flight of the Navigator

→ in
Tools    

Yeah, you heard me right, Flight of the (freakin') Navigator. I love this movie, haven't seen it in a long-long-long time though, and I'm not sure if I want to. It's one of those memories I like and don't want it to be ruined with a reality check. Anyways, with that aside, for those who haven't seen this movie, it's good. It's about this kid that ends up in space and gets a friend alien on the way, follows fireworks home in his spaceship, gets sent to the future or past (can't remember - but it made Donnie Darkos trip through time look like a cake walk), hides in a robot, talks to some hot scientist lady fan, lives in a beach house, has a dog - as you can tell I have no idea about the plot, and I don't care. Any of you remember this movie? What did you think? This could be considered groundbreaking as far as special effects go, right?

Like you, it's been a long time since I've seen it, but I loved it, too.
Great movie, and I especially liked Paul Reubens (Pee Wee Herman) as the voice of the spaceship.

Arresting your development
The robot's voice was this guy... ?

I liked the movie EXPLORERS.

I just remember the robot ship dancing - HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
I liked the movie EXPLORERS
AH i loved that film when i was younger. I seem to remember getting told off by mother for climbing inside our washing machine after i watched it. As for the pretty lady who helps the kid into his spaceship in Flight of the Navigator, thats none other than SJP of Sex and the City stardom.

I bought the DVD at Target for 10 dollars.. I also had great memories of it as a child.. My g/f had never been exposed.. so I had to get it for us :-P Even as adults we both enjoyed it

Originally Posted by archaeopteryx
I bought the DVD at Target for 10 dollars.. I also had great memories of it as a child.. My g/f had never been exposed.. so I had to get it for us :-P Even as adults we both enjoyed it
Explorers ~or~ Flight of the Navigator?

What was that film that had, "Johnny #5 is alive" or something like that. That film was sad. It had the indian guy who was smart as crap, the robots danced with the girl, some dork tried to beat Johnny #5 down with a baseball bat. The robot escaped from something I think. You know what I'm talking about?

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle
What was that film that had, "Johnny #5 is alive" or something like that. That film was sad. It had the indian guy who was smart as crap, the robots danced with the girl, some dork tried to beat Johnny #5 down with a baseball bat. The robot escaped from something I think. You know what I'm talking about?
That movie with the Police Academy guy and the robots escaped in a escape pod, away from the Imperial ship. Also the robot had a big hip-hop clock like Flava Flav.

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
That movie with the Police Academy guy and the robots escaped in a escape pod, away from the Imperial ship. Also the robot had a big hip-hop clock like Flava Flav.
Wha? I think he was actually talking about Short Circuit but your one sounds far more interesting. tell me more....

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Wha? I think he was actually talking about Short Circuit but your one sounds far more interesting. tell me more....

Then the robot tries to kill a techno-phobic cop that wears 2035 in-style Chuck Taylor sneakers. Though in order to save the cop and intervene with the evil robots's plan. The cop's future robotic son D.A.R.Y.L. sends
his twisted creation (T-800 Model 101)... Haley Joel Osment or his name is David to the past. Anyshiste David and this little Teddy Ruxpin bear have to stop the evil Chuck Taylor theivin' bot before he kills the cop. Sad ending to a bad sequel... David fails, Teddy explodes to a billion pieces, and the cop dies. In part two they make the cop better, stronger, faster to a better bionically enhanced super cop (with Chuck Taylors). Also a Full Auto Machine Pistol Gun pops out of his leg when he is in trouble... or happy!

"I can't help it..."
Flight of The Navigator was quite an enjoyable movie, it still is too. I got it somewhere at home on VHS, maybe I'll watch it again one day... if I can find it...

To me, the best part is when the spaceship dances to the Beach Boys "I Get Around"... Makes me laugh just thinking about it.
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

Explorers ~or~ Flight of the Navigator?
I bought Flight of the Navigator at target

"Short Circuit" was bad.. "in general" ... but it was a kid movie.. I enjoyed the first one as a kid, But even then I loathed the second one :-P