The 8th MoFo Hall of Fame

Tools    

Awesome set. A couple I already love, a couple I really want to see. Nice.

You have no idea how close I was to watching Gold Rush last night Raul.

Can't wait to see Swan's nom, finally time to find a decent transfer. I started it on daily motion a few months back and it looked pitiful. Not the way I want to see it.

Woody Allen is a pedophille
Wow 3 sequels, for anyone curious, you will not have to watch the original Mad Max in order to like/understand Road Warrior, however if you like the film, I would recommend checking the original out.

Yes. I can't believe it's going to be 2016.
Just a general statement about how quickly time flies.

Woody Allen is a pedophille
For anyone who needs it:

The Gold Rush
Lady Killer
The Shop Around the Corner
Pather Panchali
Paths of Glory
Anatomy of a Murder
For a Few Dollars More
A Man for All Seasons
Aguirre Wrath of God
Coming Home
The Road Warrior
My Life as a Dog
Goodfellas
Patlabor 2: The Movie
Spirited Away
Head-On
I have also mad an IMDb List with all of the films

I've seen 9 of these and the only one I might not watch again for this is the excellent Anatomy of a Murder, which I watched about 3 weeks ago. I was planning on watching Paths of Glory in the next week anyway. Nice variety here.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Lady Killer (Roy Del Ruth, 1933)
Nominated by Citizen Rules
Mae Clarke is mostly remembered as Dr. Frankenstein's bride.
I thought she was more remembered for being socked in the kisser with a grapefruit by Cagney in The Public Enemy.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
My opening thoughts:

The Gold Rush- One of the best silent films that I have seen. I'm excited to Rewatch it and I'm excited to see the thoughts of those who are seeing it for the first time.

Lady Killer- Looks really interesting. Cagney is always really solid so I would be surprised if I didn't like it.

The Shop Around the Corner- I've seen this before and it was ok for me. But with a rewatch maybe it can get stronger.

Pather Panchali- I'm really glad that this was nominated. It's been on my radar for a long time. I've only seen one Rey which was Charulata and I didn't much care for it, but I think I'll enjoy this more.

Paths of Glory- when I watched Full Metal Jacket I almost watched this instead. Looking forward to seeing this one, even though I tend to be a part of the Kubrick Hate Camp.

Anatomy of a Murder- I already know I will love it more than likely. At least I hope so. Sean normally has good taste

For a Few Dollars More- oh, this will be good. Haven't seen it, but Eastwood is involved so I'm all game for it.

A Man for All Seasons- I know Sean really likes this, we will see what it does for my tastes. Either way will be nice to knock off another best picture winner.

Aguirre Wrath of God- this will probably be hit or miss. Hopefully a hit like Take Shelter was.

Coming Home- another wildcard for me. Will be nice to see it.

The Road Warrior- I saw Mad Max and it was ok. But I'm still thinking I may enjoy this.

My Life as a Dog- I've always wanted to see this because Godoggo and I had a lot of film taste in common and this was one of her favorites.

Goodfellas- it's on my top 100, therefore it isn't a secret it will be high on my list. Will be fun to see again.

Patlabor 2: The Movie- I don't know anything about this, so again hit or miss.

Spirited Away- I look forward to watching this the most. Strangely that's even with Me already have seen it and it's one of my favorite films.

Head-On- I'm not sure if this will suit my tastes, but I'll find out soon enough!

Paths Of Glory, Goodfellas, Aguirre, The Road Warrior and For A Few Dollar More

Aguirre is available through Netflix DVD now, score! There are three other I will have to find though. If any of you guys know that yours is streaming through a good site feel free to PM me.

I thought she was more remembered for being socked in the kisser with a grapefruit by Cagney in The Public Enemy.
Yup! and I had included that in my write up...then I realized I was writing a novel and cut that paragraph out. But yes she's famous for that.

Awesome. Pather Panchali is available on you tube. Shop Around The Corner and Lady Killer can both be rented on Vudu. Everything else is available through Netflix or Hulu. You guys did me right this round and I am extremely grateful because my viewing is set and I won't have to be watching anything on my laptop. Wouldn't want to tick off Lynch.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Well, I have seen 9 of these. Maybe 10. There is one listed where I think I have seen it, but I am not too sure. If I have, then it was a long time ago. Nevertheless, I didn't dislike any of the ones that I have seen. And if I did, it is always good to re-watch a film to see if my opinion has changed the second time around.

I am actually really OK with the January deadline because I fully expect TCM to show "The Shop Around the Corner" at Christmastime. So, that will save me a trip to the library.

Aguirre Wrath of God- this will probably be hit or miss. Hopefully a hit like Take Shelter was.
It'll be a hit if you guys know what's good for you.

So have you guys found these HoFs actually expand your tastes or do they reinforce rigor mortis of your taste?
Expanded mine for sure because I watched some noms that I would've never tried with a very strong focus.