Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I'll get a lot of hate with that, but I am 2 hours into Lawrence of Arabia and i'm horribly bored. (I've seen a lot of long movies 7 Samurai, Once Upon a Time in America, etc.)

Tokyo Story

At first i rated this 7/10 however the more ive thought about it the higher i rate it. So im gonna give it 8/10 and thats my final answer.
(for now)
I felt like that too. I actually stopped it after an hour to double check what it was supposed to be about but after that it just started growing on me. By the end I thought it was an 8 but kept thinking about if for days after and upgraded it to a 9. Great movie.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Red Dawn (2012)

Though the original was better, this lightweight action-thriller remains watchable. Obviously a propaganda piece, being British, seeing the American flag in its final scene really let this one down.

I havent seen this yet, I was looking to pick it up.

The flag waving patriotism will make you reach for the sick bag.

I've also noticed that the invaders in this version are RIGHT - the United States is a corrupt class system with slave labour. This had me rooting against the Wolverines, whereas in the original I supported them.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Sin City 8/10 I loved it. It was exciting,great visual style and the story was excellent. It rejuvenated my interest in comic-book films honestly. Think I'll check out Watchmen soon.

I've not seen the remake of Red Dawn, but I'll still bet the best thing about it is that they went back through the film and digitally changed all the Chinese references to N.Korea, so as not to offend the potential market in China.

I've not seen the remake of Red Dawn, but I'll still bet the best thing about it is that they went back through the film and digitally changed all the Chinese references to N.Korea, so as not to offend the potential market in China.
That was annoying!

Breakfast Club 8/10 I really like this one. One of the best films of the 80's for sure. Very heartfelt and funny.

Blew me away, really. It's nothing like any of the other films I've watched from the director, which covered on more on childhood innocence, imagination, etc, this film featured an aging character with a lot more on his shoulders. The scene where he was reminiscing on the island with the girl moved me like no other.

More of what I liked from Nat Faxon & Jim Rash's other work, The Descendants (one of my personal favorites,) which also featured a character having a gloomy time in a sunny place. It didn't really cover any new grounds, but the script was good, and it had a killer cast. Just a good, human, well acted coming of age story. You can't really hate on something this likable.

World War Z I can't believe I liked a zombie movie. It was pretty good with a fairly tight story. One thing I saw was where did the baseball bat in a WHO facility in Wales. None of the lab characters were american.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I watched The Wolverine in theaters, I don't necessarily know whether I'd call it a "great" superhero movie, but I think that it's a good one at the very least. A unique concept with Logan wanting to die because of his personal demons, and not being able to. At the same time though, there's a lot of shenanigans going on, and sometimes there's too many balls thrown up for you to count. A lot of characters thrown at you, and I think this will be seen from people as being a step-up from Origins, but not being a true sequel to X-Men 3. They made it out that they were "making it up" to the viewers with this standalone movie, but I never really thought that way. Personally, I liked Origins, I thought it was better than X-Men 1 & 3, and I'd say about the same for this movie, albeit with even more cheesy one-liners.

Project X 4/10 This film was pretty damn bad. Do not recommend watching. Braindead,stupid,illiterate film.

The Scarlett Pimpernel (1934) - starring the comical Leslie Howard and ravishing Merle Oberon, this more then watchable period piece set during the French Revolution is much better then the second film released three years later.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...

The whole 'fear is a choice' thing was pretty inspiring, but this movie was lost on me after the first words were spoken. The accents drove me nuts.

That's right, this low budget SyFy movie gets more popcorn than the big budget theater movie.....because it made me laugh.

The French Connection (1971) - 8/10 Very straightforward movie, brilliantly portraying the gritty atmosphere in which the cops have to overcome obstacles, take dangerous risks and pay a mental and physical toll to catch the bad guys.

City of God (2002) - 9/10 A very well constructed, energetic movie that follows a variety of character's with different ambitions, introducing the viewer to the lawless, violent and grim culture of Brazil's ghetto.

Boyz n the Hood (1991) - 7/10 A very decent movie, showing the social hardships, choices and obstacles young black men go through in their "hood" in the city of L.A.

Inception

One of my favourite movies (top 10), I don't really understand how people can dislike it (I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and all), it has story, action, romance (questionable) and make you have to use your brain. If I had to pick something about it I didn't enjoy was probably Cobb's memories of Mal all the time. I understand it is necessary to show these for the story to progress but sometimes I feel it drags a bit.

4/5 stars