Movie Tab

Tools    

history *is* moralizing
Jam Films, Japan 2002. 7 directors, 7 very interesting short movies. loved the last one, Arita.

LOTR: Return of the King (Special Extended Edition)

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
LOTR: Return of the King (Special Extended Edition)
Someone took the day off!

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Fargo
1996 - Joel Coen

Blackmail Is My Life
1968 - Kinji Fukasaku

Pom Poko
1994 - Isao Takahata

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Much like the manner in which you judged the film based on that commercial.
I didn't judge the movie you idiot, I said that the COMMERICAL looked dumb, not the movie, the COMMERCIAL.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Nitzer
I didn't judge the movie you idiot, I said that the COMMERICAL looked dumb, not the movie, the COMMERCIAL.

Sounds like you need a hug! I'd hug me...but I'm too far away.

I get a great deal of enjoyment out of the things I do here, and I think I do some good, on occasion, by accident mostly....so yeah, I’d hug me.

Would you hug me? Sounds like you need one and not the kind that your creepy uncle gives ya.

Yeah, I'm sure you judged the "dumb commerical" [spell check much?] without judging the movie itself in the process.

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Yeah, I'm sure you judged the "dumb commerical" [spell check much?] without judging the movie itself in the process.
Well wtf do you expect me to do, I didn't like the commercial so I came right out and said it, seeing how you just saw the movie I was wondering if it's any good or not and why, since the commercial didn't seem really good. ****ing unbelivable.

Well wtf do you expect me to do, I didn't like the commercial so I came right out and said it, seeing how you just saw the movie I was wondering if it's any good or not and why, since the commercial didn't seem really good. ****ing unbelivable.
Chill out. You can do your disagreeing (even angrily) without juvenile mudslinging. Consider this a friendly warning.

For the record, the commercial does, indeed, make the film look relatively unexciting, but saying "the commercial looks dumb" does usually imply that the film looks dumb based on the commercial. So it was a poor choice of words on your part.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Chill out. You can do your disagreeing (even angrily) without juvenile mudslinging. Consider this a friendly warning.

For the record, the commercial does, indeed, make the film look relatively unexciting, but saying "the commercial looks dumb" does usually imply that the film looks dumb based on the commercial. So it was a poor choice of words on your part.
A poor choice pf reply on his.

And a partridge in a pear tree....
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Alexander (d. Oliver Stone, 2004)
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (d. Brad Silberling, 2004)

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events 2004 - Brad Silberling

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Daredevil (the Directors Cut) - Seriously, a billion times better than the theatrical version. It's surprising how much plot was cut out so that they could shorten the film down to a pg-13 and to a 90 minute running time. also, the Ben Affleck/Jennifer garner love scene that didn't make a damn bit of sense where it was? gone! Plus, all the strong Catholic subtext of the comics is put back in! I WILL review this one.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
A Christmas Story 20th anniversary edition
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azblahblah

Of course a Christmas Story is a movie I watch about 6 times in December every year and I quite liked Harry Potter. There were some scenes that I told my son to cover his eyes. The story was great! I thought this was the best Harry Potter besides the first one.