Other than The Matrix, What other movie do you think Keanu Reeves was good in?

Tools    

My life isn't written very well.
Parenthood

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Speed

His acting in The Matrix was corny.

He was alright in Devil's Advocate, when his wife cut herself he was pretty believable. Much better than I expected out of him.

hard ball and point break

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Much Ado About Nothing
Bram Stoker's Dracula

I think he sucks at accents and he was awful, in my opinion, in Dracula. The only movie I thought he moved outside his typical acting abilities was The Gift. He wasn't in it a lot, but when he was, it was unnerving to see him be so...mean.

The Devil's Advocate

Randomly visiting for now
he didn't really show his acting ability in The Matrix or Speed, but I think he was quite good in Parenthood.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
What about Hardball? I loved his performance in there and he resememled much of a true idiot.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I liked him in Parenthood. I think he's fun to look at and has star quality, but not a skilled actor when it comes to character or anything technical. He's great when he's playing a contemporary character who is not terribly bright. For that type, I can't think of anyone better!

Bruce Campbell Groupie
The Devil's Advocate and Sweet November

Originally Posted by Electric Wizard
Bill and Teds Excellent adventure.... Pure.Comedic.Genius
Any movie in which George Carlin travels through time is genius.

Bad Morther****er
Originally Posted by Aniko
Bri...thanks for your update of those movies. I trust you and will only look for I Love You to Death. Thank you.

Susan....thanks. I still haven’t to seen Something's Gotta Give. I’m dying to see it.

Also...I can’t believe I forgot about...Much Ado About Nothing (1993)
Keanu did well as the manipulating, bad seed Don John.

are you kidding? He was the worst thing about that moive, and makes it almost unwatchable. He has no business doing Shakespeare, film, or even community theater
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

Well, he has two acting styles- Bill and Ted style, thus those two films he is good in and also Point Break as an extension of that style. Second style is wooden and emotionless so is good in The Matrix and as bad as it is, the logic applies to him in The Day the Earth Stood Still

Exactly Pyro. The reason people say he's great in The Matrix (other than because they're fanboys and love the film) is because all they had to do was say "Keanu? Can you move about a bit, look confused and mumble?" He walked towards the director, going "Wha?" And they said, "Perfect. Just like that. OK, let's go for a take!" And the rest, as they say, is history.

You have to love Keanu though. If only for shouting at Patrick Swayze "I AM A F-B-I AGENT!!" in Point Break. I love that.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Hands down, no question about it..Keanu deserved an Oscar for his performance in Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.

It's really hard to say that with a straight face.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Alright, honestly... I love Keanu Reeves. I think with the exceptions of Dracula and The Day the Earth Stood Still I have enjoyed all of his performances. Does he have range? No. Does he have talent? Not much. But there is an intangible energy to his acting that I can neither articulate nor deny. Laugh all you want. I watch most of his movies in theaters on general principle.