What war movie will discourage anyone from joining the military?

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Just show them Wade's(medic) death scene from "Saving Private Ryan".

If someone has the mindset that they really want to join the military, they are going to join it no matter what War genre film you show them...

Actually,I believe that basically all the famous Hollywood war films (from Apocalypse Now to Saving Private Ryan) are actually pro-war.They present soldiers as brave,clever,handsome masculine yet romantic men so the viewers can look up to them and for women they can be like dream men.They don't show stuff which is uncomfortable like rape for example which is a common thing during war.

Rome Open City
Come and See
Battle of Algiers

Though my favorite might be Forbidden Games, from another perspective.

If someone has the mindset that they really want to join the military, they are going to join it no matter what War genre film you show them...
That one might even discourage people from watching more war movies. Not one of Mr. Woo's better moments.
Yep

Though my favorite might be Forbidden Games, from another perspective.
Far from favorite but certainly a hard one to watch.

Let the night air cool you off
Actually,I believe that basically all the famous Hollywood war films (from Apocalypse Now to Saving Private Ryan) are actually pro-war.They present soldiers as brave,clever,handsome masculine yet romantic men so the viewers can look up to them and for women they can be like dream men.They don't show stuff which is uncomfortable like rape for example which is a common thing during war.
They aren't pro-war. They are pro-soldiers. I guarantee you that almost all of those soldiers don't want to be subjected to the horrors of war. Rape happens during war, rape happens on the home-front. I don't think most soldiers are out just raping people, they are probably too busy for that. At least, the American soldiers depicted in those movies should be. We should look up to the idea of soldiers though, they are definitely more brave than I am. The idea of those movies involve being sympathetic to the soldiers who are young, innocent, and go through a loss of innocence. You don't want your citizens treating soldiers like they did here in America during and after Vietnam. So why wouldn't you have your characters represent what is great about those brave young men?

I can't believe nobody has mentioned this, but The Deer Hunter will absolutely dissuade anybody from going to war. It's an extremely raw and depressing look at the horrors of war and the damage it can do to your life, family, relationships, everything. If you can watch The Deer Hunter and then say you want to go to war then you've got to be mad.

They aren't pro-war. They are pro-soldiers. I guarantee you that almost all of those soldiers don't want to be subjected to the horrors of war. Rape happens during war, rape happens on the home-front. I don't think most soldiers are out just raping people, they are probably too busy for that. At least, the American soldiers depicted in those movies should be. We should look up to the idea of soldiers though, they are definitely more brave than I am. The idea of those movies involve being sympathetic to the soldiers who are young, innocent, and go through a loss of innocence. You don't want your citizens treating soldiers like they did here in America during and after Vietnam. So why wouldn't you have your characters represent what is great about those brave young men?
Yes,I prefer to see the good side of soldiers when watching war films but then again,I gave up looking at those films as something that could serve as a war documentary.They are more of an entertainment now,so of course,I don't want to see rape on screen.
But when you say that war movies must show the good side of the soldiers,that is basically a definition of a propaganda film - highlighting the good side of thing and just not mentioning the bad one.And overall,I don't agree with the idea that we should look up to soldiers,that is something that governments like to say.Soldiers kill innocent people,rape women,mentally damage both other people and themselves and bravery doesn't outweigh that.I'm not anti-war,I guess war is something that must occur once in a while and these soldiers usually fight for the good cause(patriotism) but soldier as role model?Nope,no way.

Let the night air cool you off
Yes,I prefer to see the good side of soldiers when watching war films but then again,I gave up looking at those films as something that could serve as a war documentary.They are more of an entertainment now,so of course,I don't want to see rape on screen.
But when you say that war movies must show the good side of the soldiers,that is basically a definition of a propaganda film - highlighting the good side of thing and just not mentioning the bad one.And overall,I don't agree with the idea that we should look up to soldiers,that is something that governments like to say.Soldiers kill innocent people,rape women,mentally damage both other people and themselves and bravery doesn't outweigh that.I'm not anti-war,I guess war is something that must occur once in a while and these soldiers usually fight for the good cause(patriotism) but soldier as role model?Nope,no way.
Why look down on the soldier? A lot of soldiers don't have a choice. I don't want to turn this thread into political discussion, but you should be looking down on the ones giving the orders, not the ones following orders.

Rape is also very common on college campuses, but I rarely see stuff like that in movies set in college. And for a good reason. Rape makes the audience uncomfortable. Unless that is the desired effect like with The General's Daughter, I Spit on Your Grave, or that scene in American History X, or have it in the story but not the main focus like with Rashomon more often then not, it is unneeded in the movie. I am sure certain exceptions apply.

Why look down on the soldier?
I have nothing against them,I try to believe that all the bad things they do,it's just because of the circumstances.I'm just against overpraising them or the idea that they're ultimate role models etc.

Rape is also very common on college campuses, but I rarely see stuff like that in movies set in college. And for a good reason. Rape makes the audience uncomfortable. Unless that is the desired effect like with The General's Daughter, I Spit on Your Grave, or that scene in American History X, or have it in the story but not the main focus like with Rashomon more often then not, it is unneeded in the movie. I am sure certain exceptions apply.
yes,I agree and I wrote above about it:
basically I think that modern war films aren't completely real but I don't think I want them to be real.

This.

If the military isn't enough to put you off wanting to be in the miliary, then I can't see any film convincing you otherwise.

Semper Fooey
There is no such movie.

Not the most anti of anti war movies will discourage someone inclined to from from joining the military.

Because they will all have shooting and killing and that is what they will see and that is what they will want to do.

None. My dad was in Vietnam and he used to make me watch Vietnam and other war movies. My favorites were the anti-war films like Full Metal Jacket, Platoon, Hamburger Hill, and Apocalypse Now that made war look like hell. They just made me want to join the military more. I joined the National Guard when I was 18 but was discharged a year later for medical reasons. So yeah, no film will ever make anyone not want to join the military who has their mind set on it. The only time you realize you've made a mistake is your first week of boot camp, or when your using your helmet to hold your intestines in.

I was going to post some of my dad Vietnam pictures but I need at least 25 posts.

Yay, 25 posts. Here they are, first two are my dad. Third is of ARVNs firing motar rounds into the jungle. Their base was next to the base my dad was stationed at Binh Thuy.

Perhaps a documentary against the military? A documentary stating: "if you go to the military, besides the health risks involved if you sent to the battlefields, you will be underpaid by the time you hit your 40's if compared to a private sector jobs".