Most Memorable Trailers?

Tools    

Shinobi - A must seen Trailer!!! It will blow you off

is this based on the video game? or possibly the predecessor (if any) of said game

yup it was originally from the game..

Lord of The Rings should also be part of this memorable trailers...
Awesome and interesting narration, you'll definitely gonna watch it...

is this based on the video game? or possibly the predecessor (if any) of said game
It came from the manga and anime series called BASILISK!!!...

yeah its awesome

I'll go for Teeth movie:

It is very interesting movie.

Has anyone seen the AVP 2 trailer. So many people die it looks completely over the top. My fave tho has to be the trailer to Matrix: Reloaded.

Movie Forums Critic
One of my favorite is Azumi:

I think Across The Universe and Factory Girl had the best trailers. I think I watched them at least 50 to 60 times each. At least.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Has anyone seen the AVP 2 trailer. So many people die it looks completely over the top. My fave tho has to be the trailer to Matrix: Reloaded.
I just d/l it

I also like the trailer of Harry Potter and the Order of The Phoenix!!

I also like the trailer of Harry Potter and the Order of The Phoenix!!

Yep. How they have grown. And oh, where are the robes?

Yep. How they have grown. And oh, where are the robes?
Yeah that is the bad part...I guess they don't implemented it in school the Robes!! But they seems to notice it in the Ministries of Magic..if you did notice most of them where in robes!!

Lets put a smile on that block
Shinobi - A must seen Trailer!!! It will blow you off
Blow us off ay? I did a blow off earlier on, but that had nothing to do with the trailer, more to do with the fact i had a bit too much broccoli for dinner.

ANYWAY, this is a good thread, but surprisingly few amounts of examples of ACTUAL trailers, come on folks, dig them out! trailers are so important and alot of the time can be more fulfilling than the actual film itself. Post them up here...

Most memorable trailers for me are:

I remember seeing the final scene of this trailer and just being entirely speechless...
&feature=related

My most anticipated film of all time.

And if i remember rightly, the birth of the 'teaser' trailer...

Woah.

Monstrous

Beautiful looking...

Perhaps THE coolest trailer of all time? Brilliant soundtrack...

Fantastic trailer that captured the tone of the final movie perfectly. Terrifying...
&feature=related

And this is probably my favourite trailer of all time. Brilliantly simple, annoyingly unrevealing about the film, beautifully scored. Sure the end result was strange (I actually quite like the final film) but the trailer certainly made me sit up and pay attention...
&feature=related

I bloody love YouTube.

Click on the posters above each title for links to YouTube...

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia

The Long Goodbye

A Boy and His Dog

Monty Python & the Holy Grail

This Is Spinal Tap (cheese rolling)

The Blues Brothers

Ghostbusters

The Minus Man

The Limey
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

And some more (still click on the posters for links to the trailers)...

Brazil

Being John Malkovich

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Real Life

Rain Man

JAWS

Miller's Crossing

O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid

Duck, You Sucker!

Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid

Three Days of the Condor

And some favorites I can't find YouTubers for include Five Corners (1987), The Indian Runner (1991), Jeremiah Johnson (1972), Brother's Keeper (1992) and Lost in America (1985)

Lets put a smile on that block
And some more

Being John Malkovich

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

JAWS
Fantastic. Especially ESOTSM
Click on the posters above each title for links to YouTube...

A Boy and His Dog

The Minus Man
A Boy and His Dog looks crazy. I loved it. I really gotta see tha film.

As for the trailer for Minus Man, i really liked it, but was the trailer showing clips from the film? Or was it a short film about two people discussing the film? It confused me. Funny though.

One of my favorite is Azumi:

I've watched this one and its an entertaining movie...
I really love the character of Azumi as a whole ...
Some of the scenes are brutal but that really adds spice to the movie...
Check this one out if you want some sword slashing action...

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
As for the trailer for Minus Man, i really liked it, but was the trailer showing clips from the film? Or was it a short film about two people discussing the film? It confused me. Funny though.
No, it doesn't show one single frame from the film. It's a high concept trailer with a great punchline. I frippin' love it, and in its way it really does sell the tone and oddness of the movie, probably better than a "straight" trailer could have done....but judging by the extremely limited distribution The Minus Man got and that it couldn't even manage to break $400,000 at the box office (and to be clear, I did not misplace the comma, that is four-hundred thousand dollars) I'd say it was maybe a little too high concept for mass consumption. But it certainly made me want to see the flick, and I wasn't disappointed.

The trailer for the great documentary Brother's Keeper also doesn't show a single frame of the film or even really tell you what the basic subject is. It's not on YouTube apparently, but it's monologist and actor Spalding Gray telling a true story, as only he can, about becoming so engrossed at a screening at Sundance that he didn't get up to take a piss even though his bladder was almost bursting.