Television Tab

Tools    

Saw the first two episodes of Day 5 and it's pretty intriguing stuff so far. Way to go, RoosterTeeth.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Even though the post was from last October, gotta ask:
How much more of Carnivale did you see, Camo? Huge HUGE fan of that show. STILL thoroughly pissed off with HBO for canceling it after 2 seasons -- frickin b@st@rds!!
I still rent it from the library and rewatch it. Amazing show.

Just finished the first season of Versailles on the Ovation Channel.

I am utterly and completely hooked on this one. There was a full run of the season and I missed it otherwise I would have DVR'd it for a binge revisit. Though I did catch a doc called The Real Versailles comparing history and the show so I'll be checking that out soon.

Even though the post was from last October, gotta ask:
How much more of Carnivale did you see, Camo? Huge HUGE fan of that show. STILL thoroughly pissed off with HBO for canceling it after 2 seasons -- frickin b@st@rds!!
I still rent it from the library and rewatch it. Amazing show.
It was such an amazing show, but I can't even bring myself to watch it now.

How much more of Carnivale did you see, Camo?
I watched two more episodes and was really loving it but i kind of regretted ever starting it and stopped watching it. I'll probably finish at some point, it's just so annoying when a great show is cancelled. It's hard enough with stuff like Deadwood, Party Down, etc without adding another. I'd also add Arrested Development because even though i liked Season 4 alot, it's cancellation killed the momentum it had going and it wasn't as good. Also i was reading about Carnivale's situation and it doesn't seem like it will ever get revived or a movie or anything, the creators apparently answered questions on what was going to happen which is when you know a show is dead.

wow, I'll have to research that cause I've always wondered what would have happened.

DO NOT blame you for not waiting to get invested in something that would have left you hanging regardless of how damn good it is and Carnivale is just that, sadly.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I loved Carnivale. Such a shame that HBO nipped it in the bud as it was starting to get motoring.

Just finished the first season of Versailles on the Ovation Channel.

I am utterly and completely hooked on this one. There was a full run of the season and I missed it otherwise I would have DVR'd it for a binge revisit. Though I did catch a doc called The Real Versailles comparing history and the show so I'll be checking that out soon.
After each episode they showed the correlating part of that documentary over here. Or, at least, a UK version of it.

I thought the first episode of Versailles was gloriously awful, but I really got swept up in it after a few episodes and, I think, it improved some as it went on. I'm really looking forward to the second series.

totally agree Tacitus!!

I was feeling the same thing, honey with the first one. VERY iffy. But after a couple episodes I was hooked.
I remember them doing a few behind the scenes while the first few episodes played out and the doc was played with repeats in the beginning and I never got a chance to DVR until now.

Anyone watching the latest season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine? Camo?

Thought the last episode, "Mr. Santiago", was brilliant. The most I have laughed in an episode for a while.

Anyone watching the latest season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine? Camo?

Thought the last episode, "Mr. Santiago", was brilliant. The most I have laughed in an episode for a while.
Not yet, i've been planning on watching it soon i just haven't found time for tv lately.

Started watching MARS on National Geographic Channel.

It's a fictional series about the first manned mission to Mars in 2033, but the show is interspersed with modern day experts talking about technology, history & challenges - so it's got some real-world science thrown in, making it a combination sci-fi adventure series and science show.

I liked the first episode quite a lot so I think I'll continue to check this one out.

Anyone caught The Grand Tour?

I thought that the first episode was the best hour of Top Gear content, outside the specials, I'd seen in years. Clarkson's either been refreshed, reinvigorated or had a kick up the arse.

Episode two, however, had probably the worst sketch (that Jordan thing) that I've seen the three of them produce.

Jury - Still out.

I've only seen clips, but it reminds me of something which had it's budget quadrupled when it needed it halved. Should I ever watch it, I hope that's not the case.

The Grand Tour as a whole or that Jordan segment in particular?

The budget increase is reflected really well in the overall production quality - It's one great looking show.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Anyone watching Frequency? I'm really enjoying it.

I am.

I loved the movie Frequency, so I was looking forward to this show. I was afraid that they were going to mess it up, but I think they're doing a great job.

The only thing that worries me about the show is that I'm not sure that it has longevity. Once they save her Mom and catch the killer, where do they go from there? Or are they just never going to catch the killer, and drag the show on too long, until we get frustrated with it? It just feels like a "jumping the shark moment" is inevitable.

I am.

I loved the movie Frequency, so I was looking forward to this show. I was afraid that they were going to mess it up, but I think they're doing a great job.

The only thing that worries me about the show is that I'm not sure that it has longevity. Once they save her Mom and catch the killer, where do they go from there? Or are they just never going to catch the killer, and drag the show on too long, until we get frustrated with it? It just feels like a "jumping the shark moment" is inevitable.
I haven't seen the movie so can't compare it.

But yeah I have no idea what they will do for a second season. I'm expecting them to catch the killer and save the mom this season. It will get annoying if it would take several seasons to catch this one killer.