Feud

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
San Junipero isn't the one about spiders

And yeah, that episode was awfully poignant and relevant to today.

Also, I've been reading up about Joan's childhood after she said she lost her virginity at 11 in the latest episode, and apparently it had always been heavily rumoured that she had been sexually abused as a child. God, I feel awful for the woman now, even if that hadn't been the case, her childhood sounds sh!tty to say the least.

I can handle some spider stuff, just not rock spiders (pedos).

I feel really bad for her as well. I dont think she was quite the bad bitch she made herself out to be.

I hope mama cici likes it. Let me know.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I can handle some spider stuff, just not rock spiders (pedos).

I feel really bad for her as well. I dont think she was quite the bad bitch she made herself out to be.

I hope mama cici likes it. Let me know.
Yeah, I didn't like her at all before this show, but it's really put a fresh perspective on it all, quite overdue as well considering how infamous Mommie Dearest now is.

I think she will, I've probably ruined it for her since I keep harping on about it

I watched ep 3 again. Definitely very sad rather than funny, especially in view of the trailer for next week when she's boozing on set.

Just finished ep 3 which was less camp and put a more human face on these two Hollywood icons...every move Jessica Lange made in this ep absolutely ripped my guts out and am loving the slow burn here that these two women really wanted to be friends but their delicate egos wouldn't allow it. I also love there is one subject over which both ladies definitely bring the claws out...the Oscars...every time the Oscars are brought up in any way, shape, or form, both of these women bristle...I love that, it rings completely true. Love the relationship that is developing between Davis and Victor Buono too and Lange's recreation of Joan's final scene on the fake beach was breathtaking.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Just finished episode 4... I feel like it's taken a sharp turn all of a sudden. For a show about Bette Davis and Joan Crawford, they were barely even in it. It was all about Bob Aldrich, and Pauline Jameson trying to break into a man's profession which I feel like I've seen a thousand times before. Was she even real?
And the ending was awfully camp.

I hope it isn't a sign of things to come, but this episode was weaker for me personally, especially considering how spectacular the first 3 episodes were.

Oh thanks for the prompt. I didnt realise when it aired.

And Judy Davis was criminally underused in this episode! She was in it this week for less than a minute

Maybe she was being her usual feisty self. She probably bitch slapped Murphy and he sin binned her out in the fridge.

Just finished ep 4 which was a major disappointment, as the focus of the story seemed to shift from the feud of the title to the private agendas of Bob Aldrich, his assistant Pauline, and Mamacita. I loved the plot to Pauline's script "The Black Slipper" and if there ever was such a thing, Crawford would have been AWESOME in it. That "Baby Jane" song that Davis did on The Andy Williams Show was kind of surreal...why was this is the first time I ever heard this song? Really didn't care about Aldrich's problems filming 4 for Texas, though Toby Huss was fantastic as Sinatra. The little narration scenes with Kathy Bates and Catherine Zeta Jones have just become so much filler, I would have preferred to have gotten a little more insight into why Crawford didn't embrace the success of the movie the way Davis did, but I guess we're going to get down to it now that we've gotten to the real meat of the matter...the fact that Davis received an Oscar nomination and Crawford didn't. I don't know if the lack of Ryan Murphy's name in the credits had something to do with it, but I hope the rest of the series returns to the high camp that made the first three episodes so much fun.

Murphy tends to do this with his shows. Mid way I always catch myself wondering where he;s going.

OK I;ve been putting it off due to the critiques in this thread about the latest ep (welcome critiques; no complaints from me - I just trust your judgments so spent my screen time during the week rewatching BrBa instead) but just finishing my coffee then will dive in. Back later to give it a yay or nay. ��

I liked the episode. Judy Davis was amazing! and Joan took centre stage as did that horrific male casting couch crap. What a vile environment.

Ep 4 was a letdown, but Ep 5 brought us right back to the high camp bitch-fest that we came here looking for and got in the first three episodes. It was just fabulous watching Joan Crawford take a lemon like not receiving an Oscar nomination and turning it into total lemonade. Once again, it's hard to believe a lot of stuff that went on here, Joan and Hedda's telephone campaign in particular, but it didn't make it any less fun to watch. It was also news to me that Bette was the odds on favorite to win that year, something I never knew. Lange was masterful in those scenes where she asked Geraldine Page and Anne Bancroft to let Joan accept the Oscar in their behalf. Judy Davis also sparkled in her one scene where she revealed, as I long suspected, that the venom she spewed through her gossip column was because of Hollywood's rejection of her as an actress. LOVED that long tracking shot of Crawford leading David Lean to the press room and the slo-mo shot of Crawford walking by Davis with Bancroft's Oscar in her hand, not to mention Crawford posing for pictures with the real winners. Also loved when Joan told Patty Duke: "The youngest Oscar winner ever...well, nowhere to go but down." I lost it. Loved Sarandon the moment the award was announced...apparently there was no doubt in Davis' mind that she was going to win. And speaking of Sarandon, is it just me, or has Sarandon really stepped up with the Davis mannerisms and speech patterns the last couple of episodes? I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that Lange is TOTALLY stealing this mini-series from her. If Lange doesn't win an Emmy or a Globe for her work here...wow.

Oh thanks I forgot again, Gid. Will watch tonight I hope.

Oh and one more thing...can we please lose Catherine Zeta Jones as Olivia de Havilland...every moment she has onscreen is just a waste of screentime, there is NOTHING about this performance that reminds me of Olivia de Havilland.

Oh and one more thing...can we please lose Catherine Zeta Jones as Olivia de Havilland...every moment she has onscreen is just a waste of screentime, there is NOTHING about this performance that reminds me of Olivia de Havilland.
I dont like her at all. Never have.

I dont like her at all. Never have.
Oh, I loved her in Chicago...she was just dazzling in that movie, but this performance is just not working for me. If they're trying to show the parallels between her feud with her sister and Bette and Joan's, then Joan Fontaine should have been brought into the story too.

I never saw Chicago because she's in it. Miaow. I've got my Bette fingers on today.

Great episode, and Judy was a knock out.