The Videogames Tab

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
hallelujah!!! this is worth the double post. two hours of tinkering and swearing has led to this moment. perfection with a well placed trimmed q-tip. quite proud of myself atm

I replaced the plastic lens on my Game Boy Pocket with a glass lens. Toyota had released a special edition Pocket in Japan that you could get when you bought a car. They didn’t make a lot of them and they’re like $1,500+ when they go up on ebay. So I made my own for a tenner

Also still playing Tears of the Kingdom. But I do think I'm past the peak. I've got two more temples and then the big end boss and I'm not sure I can put it off much longer.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

I replaced the plastic lens on my Game Boy Pocket with a glass lens. Toyota had released a special edition Pocket in Japan that you could get when you bought a car. They didn’t make a lot of them and they’re like $1,500+ when they go up on ebay. So I made my own for a tenner

This is legendary stuff. I'd love to see all the old school gaming stuff you have.

I just finished Castlevania Symphony of the Night. One of my more proud conquering moments there.

I really have an itch to step back into time and go after Ocarina of Time again. I'd just have to bring the old 64 upstairs and switch it out with my PS1.

I think I have 3 Gameboys. 2 originals and then a red pocket one. As for games, Zelda Link's Awakening is a GOAT game and I own that. I got Pokemon Yellow and Red too. Warioland, Tetris, and Donkey Kong are some of my other real good games.

I should really buy a few more game boy games and try to beat a few more.

Super Mario 2: 6 Golden Coins is a great game too.

My copy of Red is all janked up. I need to reflux the board, but I would need to buy some equipment and such. And I prefer Blue anyhow, so I haven’t bothered yet.

Thoughts on some recently played games:

Dead Space 2

Overall, I found this to be a slight improvement over the first game. It fixed my issue with the first game of the side characters going to waste and made for a more compelling set of characters. Like the first game, the combat is also very good. While there's an easy way to kill off the necromorphs (shooting their limbs off), it constantly finds ways to prevent you from feeling comfortable with that srategy, whether you're referring to the various waves of them the game threw at me from time to time, the somewhat low ammo capacity for each weapon, or the occasional jumpscare reveals of the necromorphs. I do wish they left out the regenerating necromorph though. That was the most annoying enemy from the first game and, for a second, I thought I wouldn't have to deal with it. As an experience, it's also memorable. While the infamous eye scene is a standout (I had already watched it on YouTube more times than I'd care to admit though), a handful of other set pieces provided a great deal of fun.

Spec Ops: The Line

It's definitely a breath of fresh air for military shooters, but it wasn't quite as devastating as I thought it would be. While it explores the harrowing aspects to war, the anti-war themes and the combat feel too separate from each other to maintain the harrowing atmosphere. Like, it has a long, exciting combat stage. Then, it has a brief harrowing scene. Then, it has another long, exciting combat stage. Then, it has another brief harrowing scene. And on rare occasions, they intersect (the white phosphorus scenes are prime examples of this). Anti-war is very difficult to pull off, and I felt the game rarely accomplished this. Still though, the story/twist ending are excellent and the combat, though a bit rough around the edges (didn't like having to heal my squadmates in combat), is also excellent. It provides the right balance between giving you cover and not letting you get too comfortable with it.

My copy of Red is all janked up. I need to reflux the board, but I would need to buy some equipment and such. And I prefer Blue anyhow, so I haven’t bothered yet.
What's your GOAT Gameboy game?

So I'd do this as top 3:
1. Links Awakening
2. Pokemon Yellow
3. Warioland

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Ohh, I like. Wishlisted it on Steam!
If you like this, then you would TOTALLY love Journey!!!
(play it again!!!!!)

>=\

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

The Adventure Starts Here!
Journey was an amazing and unforgettable experience that would feel sullied if I ever played it again.
Oh, good. Then I won't sully myself at all by playing it the first time.

#faultylogic

What's your GOAT Gameboy game?

So I'd do this as top 3:
1. Links Awakening
2. Pokemon Yellow
3. Warioland
If we’re not counting Game Boy Color games

1. TMNT 3: The Radical Rescue
2. Pokémon Blue
3. Tetris