Serial Killer movies

Tools    

Here's another topic from yours truly. I like a mix of movies, I'll be honest with you. Anyways, I recently received a DVD box set with three movies based on the serial killers Ted Bundy, Dahmer and Ed Gein. I was thinking (I know, dangerous!) and realized how many movies true-life stories were responsible. Ed Gein alone can claim the credit for Psycho, Texas Chainsaw Murderer and Silence of the Lambs, just to name a few.

My question, dear posters, what are your favorite scary movies with a real-life inspiration???

Schindler's List (1993)

The Guyana Tragedy: The Jim Jones Story (made-for-TV 1980)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

YoUr FrIeNd &TrUsTeD aDvIsOr
oh my god you can get box stets of those?
insane.

how are they? i keep meaning to pick em' up in one big swoop but am a little worried to. theres a girl at the blockbuster i like and don't want her to think I'm a freakshow...just joking. never got around to it there is always something else i end up grabbing...so are they any good...i don't care if the acting is bad.

let me know
your friend and trusted advisor:
drexal parks.

YoUr FrIeNd &TrUsTeD aDvIsOr
sorry i get ahead of myself sometimes.

hows about...summer of sam...that was cool....
most wont belive this but a nightmare on elm street was based loosly on a true story. about a guy in from mexico or smething. kept complaining about a these terrible nightmares . violent nightmares he would wke up and his sheets would be tron to shreds. then one day he never woke up...creepy eh?

i doubt its a true story but it was a book before....the minus man with owen wilson its a cool flick. it may have some truth to it i do not know for sure ... theres more but cant think of them right now i will post if they come to me..
good thread.

Some forgotten serial killer bio films that I adore are:

Richard Fleischer's THE BOSTON STRANGLER (9/10) and 10 RILLINGTON PLACE. (9/10)(true story of John Christie) are 2 of the best and often ignored. HENRY:Portrait of A Serial Killer is still the finest of the modern genre

and for fictional serial killers FRAILTY (9/10) is a superior modern gem. I also really enjoyed THE MINUS MAN (8/10)

Didnt particually like the ED GEIN (6/10) bio film, thought it was flat and one dimensional, TED BUNDY(7/10) was a real good time, funny as hell and I like the dark angle the filmmaker took, although a straight laced, deadly serious take on the man would be enthralling.

drexel, you can order them from amazon. my bro got mine for me there--the link's http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=dvd&n=507846. and this way, you don't have to worry about the girl behind the counter.

Though not a horror movie, one of my favorites based on real life criminals is Natural Born Killers. It's loosely based on the crime spree of Charles Starkweather and Caril Fugate.
Silence of the Lambs is also a good one basing Buffalo Bill on several killers (Ted Bundy, Ed Gein and Gary Heidnik).
There are not enough movies based on actual serial killers that are worthy of mention. I've seen the Bundy, Gein, and Dahmer films and where acurate, not very capturing. HENRY is def a favorite. I personall would love a movie on Elizabeth Bathory.
If you can't tell I'm a big fan of the serial killer

Wildly appropriate that your first post would be in this thread.

Few real-life serial killer flicks come to mind. Of the fictional variety, I'd say Se7en tops the list, though.

My life isn't written very well.
Maybe some of you know this already, but I didn't: a movie called Deranged(1974) is also based on the killer that inspired The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Psycho et al.
I just bought the Deranged DVD, which is packaged with another classic: Motel Hell on side 2.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

What about Alfred Hitchcock’s Frenzy … it was inspired by Albert De Salvo, better known as The Boston Strangler …

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Right you are "Caitlyn" Hitchcock's FRENZY (8/10) is a real keeper.

Ranks right alongside THE BOSTON STRANGLER & 10 RILLINGTON PLACE as the best "Based on a real serial killer" films ever.

patrick bateman...............top man!!!!!!!

I found Natural Born Killers Really Screwed up it basically looked to me like some tripped out dream some Druggie was having....
pretty nasty
Man
What do you find so interested about all these films anyways...
Real Criminals like that are horrifying...

"Resident Evil 2:Apocolypse" Mila Jovavich
"Phone Booth" Colin Ferrel, Keifer Sutherland (2003)
"Pay it Forward" Haley Joel Osmond, Helen Hunt(2000)
"American Wedding" Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan(2003)
"Dogma" Ben Affleck, Matt Damon(1999)
"LOTR" 1,2 & 3 Vigo Mortenison, Elijah Wood (2002-2003)
"Thirteen" Holly Hunter, Nikkie Reed (2004)