The Beatles or The Stones?

Tools    

Apples Oranges...they're both good.
I agree. There's no way to compare them, unless you're looking at overall sales, which I presume that the Beatles would come out on top.

The bands had completely different sounds and feel. The Beatles were more commercial and catchy, whereas the Stones were (are) more rebellious and raucous, loose and bad-boyish.

Even though I was in a classical music career, I couldn't help hearing the Beatles from '63-'64 on, with I Want To Hold Your Hand and A Hard Day's Night. They had catchy tunes and a great shtick. "Sargent Pepper's" rode the Hippie/pot/acid wave to the popularity unseen before or since.

I first heard the Stones in their Between the Buttons album(1967) , and I flipped out. Actually bought a copy. I've liked their sound ever since. C. Watts was had one of the best senses of time of any drummer. I always thought Jagger was a punk. He's 3 weeks older than I...

Honestly being one of the stones would be more fun than being a beatle. Mick jagger might get on my nerves though.

I almost guarantee Ringo Starr has had just about the greatest life of any rock star I can think of.

He's made significant contributions to some of the greatest art of the twentieth century, enjoyed an exuberant nightlife for a couple of decades without completely succumbing to addictions, has remained a consistently humble and optimistic soul no matter how famous he became or how cynical the music industry normally makes one, and I've never seen a single person ever say a bad thing about him. At least from the outside, he's the gold standard of how to do this life thing right.

I don't have any Beatles songs in my favorites playlist. If a Beatles song comes on the radio I switch stations. It's not that I think they're bad, I think they're probably better musicians than the Stones, it's just not my cup o tea. Have several Stones songs on my playlist and always stop if I hear them on the radio.

The Beatles all the way. Always been a Paul’s girl. ‘Nuff said.

I agree. There's no way to compare them, unless you're looking at overall sales, which I presume that the Beatles would come out on top.

This is a website of critical thinkers, All you do is compare how the apple compares to other apples you've had, do the same with the orange and compare scores. That's what I do with music and movies all the time.

The Beatles...I remember when I was kid watching their concert from Shea Stadium on ABC. It was amazing. I also got to see the Stones live once and they were awesome, but I still have to go with the Beatles.

The Beatles...I remember when I was kid watching their concert from Shea Stadium on ABC. It was amazing. I also got to see the Stones live once and they were awesome, but I still have to go with the Beatles.
My late SIL was there. She couldn’t hear anything they played since the girl in front of her screamed the entire time.

The Beatles you listen to and reflect.
The Stones you crank it up and rock out.
The Beatles rocked as well as any band. Listen to Paul here on Matchbox. Yes, I know this is Wings. (Those girls are terrible dancers. Not following the beat at all.)