No More Bruce.....Say Hello to Caitlyn!

Tools    

He.

In 1000 years when Time Team dig his bones up, no matter how much plastic surgery he's had will trick an archaeologist.

By law he may be known as a woman, but his DNA and bone structure will always be male. He will always be XY.

Holy crap.

I've just Googled him. My comment about the Kardashians was totally coincidental. Wiki says he was married to one of them.
So like, this is why the Kardashians are famous?

I get it now.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Well, Bruce was a gold-winning Olympic decathlete in 1976 and was in the classic Can't Stop the Music with the Village People. By the way, she was married to Kris Kardashian for 23 years.

Welcome to the human race...
This thread is disappointing...
It is slightly better than I expected. The split between the positive reactions and the negative ones is fairly even, which obviously could be better but also could have been worse. Anyway, good for Caitlyn and to hell with the haters who can't even use the right pronouns.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I'm trying to do this with minimal pronouns...
Jenner gets a pass from me cause I remember Jenner as a hero back in the day. Personally I think it's weird as ****, but if it makes Jenner happy, all the more power to Jenner.

However, there is no excuse for this whole Kardashian media frenzy, that is a blight.....

This was almost an SC thread, but JRS beat me. I was gonna try to trick people into thinking that Caitlyn, the long lost MoFo moderator, had come back, but it was only Bruce Jenner.
But hey, congrats to her! Life's too short to not be who you are
This is a non-story to me but since everyone seems hell bent on everyone's opinion on it.

Isn't he doing the exact opposite of your statement?

Are you actually asking why? Because flat contradictions and accusations of bigotry aren't usually the kinds of things you trot out when you're interested in a discussion.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Because you can't truly change who you are. If my name were Raul and I wanted to be Julia that's all fine and dandy, but I'm still Raul, hair extensions, breasts inclusions or what not. You are who you were born as.

I won't go on in this thread because I am not going to feed on this story that has become bigger than. It really should be.

If I am a prick, so be it. If I am a bigot, so be it. Our culture says be who you are and be proud no matter what. Until you don't like who you are, then change into what you feel you should be. Your born that way, until you don't like the wsy you were born, then change that too. We live in a society of instant self-gratification and contradictions. We are literally driving ourselves mad and over medicating ourselves by both legal and illegal means to try to make ourselves happy and none of it works. As a whole we grow more miserable each and every day. We say be happy and live as who we are and celebrate the exact opposite of that.

Many here are going to say I am condemning Jenner, I am not. He is a sad product of what our society has become. Damn me to hell if you must. I am going to be comfortable in who I am and what I observe.

Welcome to the human race...
Are you actually asking why? Because flat contradictions and accusations of bigotry aren't usually the kinds of things you trot out when you're interested in a discussion.
I take it I should have actually led off with asking why.

Because you can't truly change who you are. If my name were Raul and I wanted to be Julia that's all fine and dandy, but I'm still Raul, hair extensions, breasts inclusions or what not. You are who you were born as.

I won't go on in this thread because I am not going to feed on this story that has become bigger than. It really should be.
The thing about Caitlyn Jenner is that she's not Bruce changing to Caitlyn so much as she's Caitlyn pretending to be Bruce for a long time due to various societal pressures (not least of which is being a very public figure, whether as an Olympian athlete or as a result of being a significant figure in celebrity culture) and finally deciding to brave any possible consequences and be true to herself. It's not about a man deciding to be a woman so much as it is a woman who can't go on pretending to be a man.

Anyway, this story does deserve to be big as it is not because of Caitlyn's connection to the Kardashians but because it's not every day that someone famous comes out as transgender. Trans people still face more than their fair share of marginalisation in manners great and small, whether physical violence or verbal discrimination, and if such a recognisable person comes out and is accepted for who they are then it's a step away from said marginalisation. To disregard that so flippantly does come across as disrespectful at best.

Master of My Domain
I wonder what Wheaties taste like. Other than that, I don't care about a new shemale.

It's not about a man deciding to be a woman so much as it is a woman who can't go on pretending to be a man.
What do you think led to this? Because to me it is an indictment on the social gender stereotypes that we pretend to decry.