Favorite Band

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Erm... What now? Exsqueeze me? Baking powder? The N-Sync and Backstreet Boys of rock?!?!
they have maybe one or two good albums between them, im not a huge fan.

RADIOHEAD.
JOY DIVISION/EARLY NEW ORDER.

I like a lot of Folk, stoner/doom metal, 90's emo/alternative, noise, late 70's early 80's hxc/punk/post punk, no wave
i like bits of a lot of that stuff. looks like you're a fan of rudimentary peni too, no?

i like bits of a lot of that stuff. looks like you're a fan of rudimentary peni too, no?
I have a few albums.

My favorite bands include:

Sawyer Brown
The Monkees (yes, The Monkees)
The Beatles
Charlie Daniels Band
Casting Crowns
Third Day

My favorite solo acts include:

Garth Brooks
Johnny Cash
Elvis Presley
George Strait

Of all the nonsense I've been listening to lately, two bands (that is, pop music groups of at least two musicians) have struck me as being something quite special. The first is Silver Mt. Zion for their albums "This Is Our Punk-Rock" and Kollaps Tradixionales. The second, though not really a band per se, is Joanna Newsom for her album Ys. I suppose there is a common current between both: emotionally strained poetry crooned without humor over ceaseless, densely rambling guitars/harps over some sort of unmistakable hymnal string influence sustained again and again through an epic, symphonic length. Maybe I've just listened to them too much, but to me there's a kind of inner-necessity in this aesthetic, which---regardless of how past-conscious or nostalgic it might appear---is nothing less than a great untapped frontier.

&p=4D79347BFA6F28BD&playnext=1&index=8

Lately I listen to a lot of The Clash, Sonic Youth and The Velvet Underground.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Genesis
AC/DC
Nirvana
Rage Against The Machine

And at the end of fear, oblivion
My very top favorite band of all time is Evanescence.

Then there's HIM, The Used, Nightwish, Perfume, Sweetbox, Jade Valerie, BeForU, Riyu Kosaka, Mizca, t.A.T.u. and a lot more...

4 that i pointed out, are asian bands/artists. I love asian music.

I would have to go with Justin Vernon (Bon Iver)

or Circa Survive

The second best band of all-time is Pink Floyd. The greatest band of all-time is hands down, without a doubt.....

Zeppelin's really varied in style and express a wide range of emotions. Anywhere from "Rain Song" to "No Quarter" in one album. Still... Pink Floyd trumps all in terms of style ubiquity.