Heroes

Tools    

This new story they've started with the Fugitive-type storyline just made it less interesting. Bottom line, the first season was the best.
I could not agree with you more. The first season was the best. I have been really disappointed this whole season until now. I was actually almost ready to give up on Heroes all together.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I could not agree with you more. The first season was the best. I have been really disappointed this whole season until now. I was actually almost ready to give up on Heroes all together.
Then you have a higher tolerance than I do. I'm wondering how much longer the show will hold up. I was pissed when Journeyman was tanked but they let Lipstick Jungle and other piss-poor shows remain on the air. Hereoes held its own that first year, which is probably why Journeyman failed, but Heroes is performing way under the bar they set 2 years ago now. It's a shame, I really wanted to like this season, but I just couldn't enjoy it anymore. Seemed like I was checking the time more and more.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Registered Creature
I cannot stand Hayden Panettierre, thus I can't bring myself to watch the show. She's like Hilary Duff #2 in my book.

This show is getting out of control.

WARNING: "Heroes Spoilers" spoilers below
Last nights episode was terrible. Who wants to watch a whole entire show about Angela Patrelli's childhood. I don't mind a little history lesson to shed a little light on whats going on. It was so boring and a little ridiculous. I have a feeling Heroes will not be back next year.

WARNING: "Hayden Panettierre Spoilers" spoilers below
She is annoying and her head gets bigger and bigger every episode.

They literally make it up on the spot, i swear. I have trouble caring about most the characters, Angela least of all since along with Sylar her character is chopped and changed the most to suit where they want to take the show each episode. Denko, Sylar, Hiro, Noah are only characters i think they've kinda not destroyed, seems they've killed off all the new characters and the others are about as inconsistent as my stool. Would like Peter to get his powers back though

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Mikey, you didn't need to wrap the news about Hayden in spoiler tags, that's common knowledge.

As for me, I have not turned the show back on, and from what I'm reading, doesn't look like I've missed much. I can't believe how well this show did its first season only to tank afterwards. I think the reason why people still watch is to see if the episodes will actually get better.

Peter and Hiro were so much more entertaining when they had full use of their powers. Nathan's character is a joke.
WARNING: "Nathan Patralli Spoilers" spoilers below
The episode where Nathan and Claire were having a drinking contest in Mexico for money. Just plain old stupid if you ask me.

I'm watching it in much the same way you slow down to look at traffic accidents. Seeing how far they can take a show that has NO direction.

I keep watching it too - but Im not as jaded....yet. Nathan bores me to tears, and Hayden we are all sick of (they could get rid of her for real, for my money - what would be so wrong with truly "sending her off to college" or having her check out like some of the other characters that we KNOW are still alive????) - the whining has got to stop. She causes more problems than she solves.

Oh dear..I have to admit that I am with the majority on this one. Great start with the first season but it's gone right down the shitter ever since..

I think that the writer's strike has kinda played a role in the show's downfall aswell, though.

Only shows doing it for me right now are Dexter, 24 and my new interest in a show called The Wire..

Unsurprisingly (considering it's me) I'm kinda liking it at the moment. I think Heroes peaked about 3 or 4 episodes before the end of season 1 (which was a piss poor finale IMO but I'd already started to lose interest) and I wouldn't have made it through season 2 were it not for the following two reasons:

1. The writers strike meant it was a short season and;

2. I sky+'d it, so I watched most of the season in 2 hits.

Without that, I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't be watching it now. Granted, I wouldn't be missing much, but I am enjoying it and, IMO, it's the best it's been since the peak towards the end of season 1.

Of course, I just see it as entertaining tosh, so I have, and have never had, any great hope for it.

Prestige, if you're having trouble with Heroes, how the hell have you made it all the way to season 7 of 24?!?!

Dexter is great though and, if you can get FX, season 3 starts Thursday. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Not that this is the right thread for it but i was bit disappointed with Season 3 of Dexter but the new season of 24 is the shiz nizz.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I have seen a few early episodes and I wish I continude watching I will have to get the dvd's.

What a loser ending. I mean, I countenance a lot of things, but that was weak. Seriously. Plus the fact that doing that to someone, whatever the motive/end is, is unforgiveable. I dont care who you are. That was some twisted stuff, and I'd venture to even say - criminal. AP needs mental help.

Prestige, if you're having trouble with Heroes, how the hell have you made it all the way to season 7 of 24?!?!

Dexter is great though and, if you can get FX, season 3 starts Thursday. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Lol, it's different with 24. 24 may push the boundaries as far as repetitive ludicrous plot and scenarios are concerned, but that's always been it's charm. I only wait to watch it on DVD so I have yet to see any of season 7, though I have heard great things about it and that it's a proper return to form. I heard a lot of negative stuff about season 6 being shite and all that, but when I sat down and watched it on DVD, it wasn't so bad!!! Better than season 4, that's for sure. The only thing that hurt it was it's repetitiveness, which, you can argue, is a problem with all seasons post season 3, but it was much more noticeable in that season. As I said, it's all part of the show's charm. Long live Jack Bauer is what I say.

And yes, Dexter is the ****. I don't have FX but I can't wait to see season 3. And Julie Benz's ass.

Beware The Probe!
What a loser ending. I mean, I countenance a lot of things, but that was weak. Seriously. Plus the fact that doing that to someone, whatever the motive/end is, is unforgiveable. I dont care who you are. That was some twisted stuff, and I'd venture to even say - criminal. AP needs mental help.
I agree.
It made no sense to go that route.
They could have used Claire's blood again like what they did when HRG was shot IN THE FREAKING HEAD but nooooo...
They could have had Peter shape-shift into Nathan and talk to the President that way but nooooo...

Instead they take the most risky way to get Nathan to 'come to life' again.
Gee... ya' think this is gonna turn out bad?

Ernie Hudson Joins Heroes

According to The Hollywood Reporter Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters) has come aboard the cast of NBC's Heroes.

He will play the recurring role of Captain Lubbock, a Baltimore detective. The producers are typically telling very little about the storyline, but apparently the character that Hudson plays is searching for another character.

In this the fourth season of Heroes a "new mythology about a traveling carnival of people with special powers run by a charismatic but evil Earth-moving ringleader (Robert Knepper)" will be revealed and incorporated with the current characters on the show.

Source: Movieweb