What Movies Are Not Yet But Should Be On DVD?

Tools    

That's okay. Nobody's perfect!
There are a number of movies that I love but apparently are not yet on DVD or have gone OOP (Out of Print). Among these are:

1. The African Queen (1951). Inexplicable. Not available for Region 1 but only Region 2.

2. Lonely are the Brave (1962) Kirk Douglas's personally favorite role. Unavailable on either DVD or VHS. Why?

3. Barfly (1987) Mickey Rourke and Faye Dunnaway OOP written by Charles Bukowski.

4. Diva (1981) Again OOP An awesome French thriller.

I hope the powers that be correct these glaring ommissons

There's a long thread on this topic HERE.

And while I have the European DVD of The African Queen (with a Jack Cardiff audio commentary track), I own Loney Are the Brave on LaserDisc and I have the out-of-print R1 DVD of Barfly...I do agree they should all be readily available.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

That's okay. Nobody's perfect!
There's a long thread on this topic HERE.

And while I have the European DVD of The African Queen (with a Jack Cardiff audio commentary track), I own Loney Are the Brave on LaserDisc and I have the out-of-print R1 DVD of Barfly...I do agree they should all be readily available.
Your right I missed that earlier thread. I have a VHS copy of Lonely Are The Brave that I copied from TCM. Barfly I keep bidding on at ebay but it always goes for more than $50.00. The African Queen should be available for Region One with all kinds of extras.

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
the day the earth stood still. might when when new movie comes out. CAN'T WAIT!!!

martian leader

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

The Glass Menagerie should be available on DVD. The 70's TV version is bad quality and has no special features
I could complete my Tennessee Williams collection if this was so!