What is this film called?

Tools    

I am trying to find out the name of a film I saw a few years ago. I think this film was made sometime in the 80s.

As far as I remember - and this may not be completely accurate - the storyline was about 2 sailors in or around the 2nd world war how were on some sort of an experimental ship.

The experiemnt went wrong and they both ended up in the present day (or 1980s as it was then). They then had to find a way to get back to the 40s as their bodies were breaking up or something. I think one guy got back in the middle of the film and the other guy was stuck - but he was sent back in the middle of some tornado at the end of the film.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!!

The Philadelphia Experiment (1984)
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I’ve never seen all of the Philadelphia Experiment… isn’t it the one based on that Navy experiment that was code named Project Rainbow?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Thanks for the answer!!!