IMDB Alumni, post here!

Tools    

To all IMDB refugees who feel like MoFo is a hostile place: It's really not. What you need to realize is that we are a pretty tightly-knit community. You coming here is like moving to a new town and entering the local pub for the first time. There is going to be some rough-housing and such, but ultimately it's not like we don't want you here. We do. You'll just have to learn that this isn't your typical I'm-just-another-profile kind of place.

What I've learned over the time I've been here is that people aren't exactly afraid to show their real personalities here. They aren't here to get a good approval rate on their posts. They aren't here to be agreed with. This is very much like a pub in a small town. Every once in a while someone will buy you a beer, and every now and then someone will throw their empty glass at you. That's just the way humans are.

MoFo is the most lifelike forum I've ever experienced. And if you think that you won't be appreciated here, take a look at my posts. They had plenty of reasons to kick me out. They haven't. That is all.

Welcome to all those coming over from It Might Dead be.

(I think I've got that right ... Yoda told me what the initials stood for but tbh as usual I was barely paying attention)

Sorry to see you guys taking some light joking too seriously. Hopefully you haven't gone for good, and will realize that this place isn't really hostile, as long as you're not hostile to it. If you do stick around, know that you'll be welcome here.

Also, feel free to join the Cronenberg fan club.

I'm from IMDb and am looking for a place to replace that forum. I'll hang around here and see if it fits my needs.

I don't have time to read this entire thread....so I'll just say Welcome to IMDB former members

MoFo is a great place!.
..We're a community...sort of like one big extended family...With many cool cousins, a few eccentric aunts, a couple grumpy uncles, and a crazy in-law or two....But even if we do sometimes grumble at each other, we never forget that we're part of the MoFo family.

Some of you will like it here and become active members...some of you won't fit in and will move on. You get out of MoFo what you put in. So let the crap roll off your back, make friends where you can and join in the fun. And don't forget to rep my post

I've only ever seen Camo flip his lid over receiving too many reps, but this...

Someone's out of their supply of chill pills.

So, this all happened while I was asleep, otherwise I would've replied to welcome you a lot earlier.

I'm not sure what prompted this quick little exodus-from-the-exodus, but I assure you, any hostility you think you see in this thread is just people kidding around. This is a pretty friendly place by most standards, particularly the standards of Internet forums, though I suppose I can see why you would take the jokes literally, given how these things usually go.

Stick around, I promise it's a good place to talk about movies. And if you guys have any problems or feel harassed or insulted, just drop me or one of the mods a message and we'll try to make it right.
Hello there! I sent you a reply to your private message.

I want to give this board another chance--I referred so many of my friends here and want to make myself at home here.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Hello there! I sent you a reply to your private message.

I want to give this board another chance--I referred so many of my friends here and want to make myself at home here.

Hey, bud!

I'm having trouble finding some of the others here. If you happen to find them, could you PM there links to me, please? This site has a PM feature as well, which is great.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Hey, bud!

I'm having trouble finding some of the others here. If you happen to find them, could you PM there links to me, please? This site has a PM feature as well, which is great.
Sure man. Yes it has that feature but it seems we can't communicate via PM until we reach 10 posts, so I can't reach them either. However I'm scrolling through the Forum and I'll eventually find some interesting Threads where to post.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Nice welcomes. Thanks guys.

Try that:
You can type in the username and find them if they're going to use the same name they had on IMDb.
Thanks!

Sure man. Yes it has that feature but it seems we can't communicate via PM until we reach 10 posts, so I can't reach them either. However I'm scrolling through the Forum and I'll eventually find some interesting Threads where to post.
Great. We should find some Marvel/DC threads.

Nice welcomes. Thanks guys.
I wonder if there is a Saul thread here? We should find one.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I can't wait for season 3, DT.

I wonder if there is a Saul thread here? We should find one.
If you mean Better Call Saul, it's right here. There's a quick search in the header (little magnifying glass next to your username, below the Essays and Reviews links), and a link to a more advanced search in the footer. It can be a little wonky at times, so apologies in advance.