Ian Gomez on SUPERGIRL

Tools    

The smartest thing TPTB did was getting rid of Calista Flockhart and replacing her with Gomez, playing a modern reincarnation of Lou Grant who is light years away from the role he played on Cougar Town. This character is awesome.

The big problem with it is he comes across as a smart journalist. So how come he doesn't know Kara is Supergirl? They look and sound exactly alike, right down to that big pockmark in her forehead. I mean seriously, it's stupid.

He also comes off as not ever actually seeing her, taking her seriously, or paying her any attention. Kara is pretty much a non-entity to him.

As far as superhero genre, ignoring the utter ignorance people have to their secret identities is pretty much a necessary thing.

The big problem with it is he comes across as a smart journalist. So how come he doesn't know Kara is Supergirl? They look and sound exactly alike, right down to that big pockmark in her forehead. I mean seriously, it's stupid.
This has always been a part of the Superman/Supergirl legacy that I just don't get...Lois Lane had a pair of glasses kept her from not telling Clark from Superman and do they really think a pair of glasses makes Kara look nothing like Supergirl? I'm sorry, this has always been the ultimate case of suspending disbelief for me and have been unable to legitimize it in anyway.