UK Election June 2017

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Very embarrassing result for Theresa May. Probably still cling onto power with the DUP and at least start to lead up through the Brexit negotiations but I would be surprised if she is still PM at the end of that process in a couple of years.

Why call a snap election when you ALREADY have the majority from the election in 2015?

You can either win very little or lose huge and they have lost huge.

This is a thread to discuss the election rather than UK politics in general.

Very embarrassing result for Theresa May. Probably still cling onto power with the DUP and at least start to lead up through the Brexit negotiations but I would be surprised if she is still PM at the end of that process in a couple of years.

Why call a snap election when you ALREADY have the majority from the election in 2015?

You can either win very little or lose huge and they have lost huge.

This is a thread to discuss the election rather than UK politics in general.
Always thought it was a stupid thing to do. She had the majority, why risk it? Now she's opened the door for that crazy Corbyn who thinks he is still living in the 60‘s and who will bankrupt the U.K. in a couple of years if he gets in.

Who will lead the Brexit discussions now? How will they be conducted? This means Germany is now, more than ever, the strong man of Europe sadly.

What a mess!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
The Conservatives must know that if they make a mess of Brexit after this mess, then they face a long time in the wilderness.

The People's Republic of Clogher
After what happened last night in the other UK politics thread, I'm locking this until Yoda decides what to do.