What do you think of Matt Damon?

Tools    

what do you think is Matt Damon as an actor? What do you think his best movie was and why? I think his best movie was the first bourn movie he played an awesome role and I really like the whole plot of it.

I think he's super fantastic. But overly underrated.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I think he's super fantastic. But overly underrated.
Wow that post kind of fried my brain at first but think I understand what you mean.

Anyway I'm a big Matt Damon fan, one of my favourites just now. A lot of the time his performances may not be very flashy but I think he always put in an impressive performance whenever I've seen him.

Favoruite films of his being the Bourne series, Good Will Hunting, Talented Mr Ripley amongst others. I also thought he was by far the best thing in the dreadful Ocean's sequels

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Big fan of his performances in The Departed, Good Will Hunting & The Bourne Identity. He's a fine actor, not one of the best ever though.

Damon is awesome, loved him in the Departed.

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

This is the best thing he has done

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Was wondering how long it would be before someone posted the Team America clip.

He's a fine actor, not one of the best ever though.
I don't think there is anyone really saying that at the moment is there? And to be honest I think he's a bit young to say one way or another whether he will be an all time great or not. I get the feeling he'll be one of those actors who gets better as he gets older as he'll get more interesting roles.

Matt Damon is an incredibly talented actor. I think it just depends on his role if he is used right, but then again, I don't recall ever being disappointed by his performance in any movie to date. Personally, I enjoyed the first of the Bourne series, the Departed and the second of the Ocean series the most for his acting.

Matt Damon is a decent actor, but has yet to have the success of actors like Depp or DiCaprio. His best work in my opinion is Good Will Hunting.

An Auto-Bot that reviews movies....
I've never considered Matt Damon to be anything more than an average actor. Sure he has talent and sure he's been in some big movies, but I honestly think those titles could have done just as well with other actors. I'd have to say I had a great respect for him with the performance he put in to The Departed.

As Watts said though, he has yet to have the success of actors like Depp (who I don't think much of) and DiCaprio. If we were to compare Matt Damon with someone like Robert Downey Jnr. I could quite happily say though, that there are so many actors out there that far surpass Damon -- most notably in my mind Robert Downey Jnr.
As an actor I respect him and from what I see about him, as a person, I respect him. For an actor to make EVERY role their own is what really distinguishes the great actors from just the good actors. Matt Damon has yet to spring into the great category in my opinion.

I enjoy watching Matt Damon. He is a talented actor. Would like to see him take on more serious roles. He excels at them and is a very good dramatic actor.

His best movie is without a doubt Good Will Hunting. Even though he's not as talented as Jack Nicholson, I thought Damon's performance in GWH was better than Jack's in As Good As It Gets and I feel he should have won the Oscar for Best Actor that year. But not by much. It's a tough call between the two that year and could have gone either way. Both were amazing performances.

Matt Damon is awesome! Especially in Good Will Hunting and The Departed.

Even though he's not as talented as Jack Nicholson, I thought Damon's performance in GWH was better than Jack's in As Good As It Gets and I feel he should have won the Oscar for Best Actor that year.
I rarely use this particular gif, but this comment completely warrants it:

that's what she said...
Matt Damon is a great and talented actor!

His roles are always great and never seem fake or badly presented.